• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Recently purchased a Browning BAR MKIII DBM. It has two separate rails built into the top of the receiver. I have not taken delivery of the gun yet so I do not know the exact distance between the two sections of rails (see pic below).

I'd like to put an EOTech HWS and a EOTech Magnifier on it but I'm not sure that's possible due to the rail being in two separate sections. Based purely on pictures of the rifle, it would appear as though there would be more than the usual distance between the HWS and the Magnifier.

Does anyone have any experience with mounting a HWS and Magnifier further apart than you usually see them>

Attachments

• original.jpg
      original.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 134
    • Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.56.03 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.56.03 AM.jpg
      22.3 KB · Views: 124
    • Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.55.23 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.55.23 AM.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 133

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I don't know the answer to your question but I am sure you can find a longer rail that connects to those two points. The rise in sight over bore may require you to raise the comb a bit.

I would suggest you look into some scopes that have the reticle in the first focal plane and have a starting magnification of 1. You can use those like a red dot and quickly dial up the magnification just as easy as swinging the Eotech magnifier into place. And for what you are going to spend on the Eotech kit, there are some really nice options.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think that rifle deserves a much better scope than a red dot and a magnifier. If you are really looking at paying $1200 for the red dot/magnifier, I would suggest a Trijicon. You could get the 1-4, which I really like, or a 1-6 or even 1-8. Another good option would be the Vortex 2.5-10x44.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I think that rifle deserves a much better scope than a red dot and a magnifier. If you are really looking at paying $1200 for the red dot/magnifier, I would suggest a Trijicon. You could get the 1-4, which I really like, or a 1-6 or even 1-8. Another good option would be the Vortex 2.5-10x44.

I second the Trijicon suggestions.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Is this the Trijicon you are refraining to?

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/tr25-c-200090

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 8.38.26 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 8.38.26 AM.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 113

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    In addition to other advantages, going with the Trijicon gives you an etched and illuminated fiber optic reticle which (virtually) can't fail like a red dot can (batteries dead, EMP, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom