• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Century Arms C308 Rifle s RI3320X are now being offered in their Classic version with wood furniture set. Unfortunately they are banned in MD but Atlantic Firearms is going to submit to MSP that these are not a copy of the G3 because the CETME came before the G3 and not all G3 parts will interchange with the C308. What do you think ?

c308-classic-rifle-ri3320x-8.jpg

c308-classic-rifle-ri3320x-13.jpg

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    Well, if it’s written up really well, referencing the existing “similar on the outside but different on the inside” examples like the Norinco M14, piston ARs, Daewoo DR200, etc., and you clearly articulate how parts won’t interchange with the G3, you might have a chance.

If it works out I might be interested in one since the CETME/G3 was the one thing I missed out on prior to FSA2013.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The bolt carrier and bolt from the G3 do not work in the C308 Rifle and there are a few other parts . As far as I can see in the law it stated at all parts must be able to interchange and if it could not it was not a clone ?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I definitely would be interested in one of these at that price if the quality is solid. The wood furniture looks really sharp on there. Thankfully my time in Maryland is coming to a close so I will be able to resume collecting evil murder death kill guns shortly.

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    I was just up at Duffy's today picking up a gun from getting worked on, and they have one for sale, so I'm assuming it's MD legal. Unless the model they have is different from this one?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    The bolt carrier and bolt from the G3 do not work in the C308 Rifle and there are a few other parts . As far as I can see in the law it stated at all parts must be able to interchange and if it could not it was not a clone ?

That is the same logic Engage used to get a few things approved by MSP, including their trigger charging AR. Pictures demonstrating parts incompatibility would help.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A huge win if it is MD legal; a great opportunity for those that don't have this type of rifle. OBTW - I got a PTR-91 from you guys in 2013; love it! Really cool if you can add a telescoping stock. (even post purchase)

Attachments

• 20180706_225043.jpg
      20180706_225043.jpg
      159.4 KB · Views: 565

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Yep. If the Chinese M14 clones are legal because they use metric threads and a different bolt, this should work....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Straight from the MdSP website:
    "Century Arms Century Arms C308 Banned Copy of an enumerated banned assault weapon."

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

You can buy a C32 in 7.62 x 39 though. :rolleyes:

Yes, but the point is many of us think that is an incorrect decision. From the talk I saw it is a copy of the HK92, which is banned. I know too little about the HK92, G3 and CETME to say if the CETME could be considered a clone of either. I don’t believe there is 100% parts compatibility.

If Atlantic can get MSP to approve it, they’d be my hero!

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom