• mg3.jpg
      mg3.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 1,056
    Last edited:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    One would think they could make a concerted effort to have the NEW system up and running before they eliminate the existing electronic process.

I'm guessing the current system is a complete train wreck.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Someone let MSP know that their system was not working. They are acting like they are upgrading it but my registration was good until 2018 before I registered this year!!! How did that work out.... :)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    When did this take effect? I did my renewal online at 8:30 am today. Did I get in just under the wire?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Took effect today. Too bad MSP couldn't be more specific, like COB. If my read of the advisory is correct, you didn't. I'd call to see if it was processed.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Took effect today. Too bad MSP couldn't be more specific, like COB. If my read of the advisory is correct, you didn't. I'd call to see if it was processed.

I never saw the advisory, having gone to the site as usual, and it worked as it always has, including taking my credit card payment and providing me with a receipt. I'll still call. Thanks for the head's up.

ETA: I got the emdsp.mdsp.org via a Google search. My username and PW were prepopulated, as was my personal and MG info.

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    When did this take effect? I did my renewal online at 8:30 am today. Did I get in just under the wire?

Did you get receipt page? I got a page that said Renewal Application Submitted... it you saw something like this, I think you are OK.

"Thank you for your machine gun registration renewal. It has been submitted successfully. Please print this page as confirmation of submission and
    compliance with Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4403. Processing your renewal could take up to 90 days. A "Pending" or "Active" status on your account is for internal purposes only and does not define the status of your renewal. This receipt will serve as your proof of compliance with Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4403 until your renewal has been processed."

Renewal Information
    Date Submitted: XXX
    Applicant Name: XXX
    MGXXX
    Agency: Maryland State Police
    Process: Renew License process
    Payment Information
    Authorization Code: XXX
    Received Date: 5/4/2017 2:21:50 PM
    Transaction #: 49XXXXX
    Credit Card Number: XXX
    Fee Amount: $10.00
    $0.00
    Total Fee: $10.00
    Received Amount: $10.00

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Did you get receipt page? I got a page that said Renewal Application Submitted... it you saw something like this, I think you are OK.

"Thank you for your machine gun registration renewal. It has been submitted successfully. Please print this page as confirmation of submission and
    compliance with Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4403. Processing your renewal could take up to 90 days. A "Pending" or "Active" status on your account is for internal purposes only and does not define the status of your renewal. This receipt will serve as your proof of compliance with Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4403 until your renewal has been processed."

Renewal Information
    Date Submitted: XXX
    Applicant Name: XXX
    MGXXX
    Process: Renew License process
    Payment Information
    Authorization Code: XXX
    Received Date: 5/4/2017 2:21:50 PM
    Transaction #: 49XXXXX
    Credit Card Number: XXX
    $0.00

I got the following, copied and pasted here:

Application Submitted
    Thank you for your machine gun registration. It has been submitted successfully. Please print this page as confirmation of compliance with Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-403. A "pending" status on your account is for internal purposes only and does not define the status of your registration.
    Application Information
    Date Submitted: 10 May 2017
    Applicant Name: JohnnyE
    Pending
    Process: Apply for Initial License process
    Payment Information
    Authorization Code: xxxxxx
    Received Date: 5/10/2017 8:20:00 AM
    Transaction #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxXXXXxxXXXXXX
    Credit Card Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
    ServiceFee: $0.00
    Instant Fee: $0.00

For some reason, this being my second renewal, I still get the notation "Process: Apply for Initial License process" rather than what you show, "Process: Renew License process." Strange thing is, all my MG ID info, like make and model, caliber, bbl length, was all pre-populated in their respective fields. They have my info in the system, yet they call me an initial application.

Methinks I'll give MSP a call.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Is the renewal online for 2018 or is it a mail in? I received a blank form MSP last week via USPS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom