• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziptiespec

Ah, ok. They were kind of scarce for a bit after they initially hit the retailers. I ordered one from SMGA. If no one else submits before the next meeting, I guess I'll be doing it. I was really hoping to play with one before the end of summer.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Hey ya'all!! I finally got a chance to hit the range yesterday with the new Wrangler. It's a fun little shooter, I have zero complaints. I did get impatient while waiting on my pre-order, and scooped a 9 shot Rough Rider also. The RR's have the 4 clicks, click when rotating the cylinder, half cock etc... while the Wrangler doesn't have a half cock, cylinder spins freely when loading/unoading, doesn't have that ugly safety. Glad I decided on both.

Here is what it looks like with a decent set of grips on it.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

mikemild13

Oct 27, 2015
    Minnesota cannot sell Wranglers... will MD be the same?

Very new here and this is my first post. On the Ruger forum someone from MN said they can't buy them in that state due to an old "Saturday Night Special" law prohibiting firearms that have metal with a melting point below 1000 degrees. Does MD have any kind of statute like that?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Very new here and this is my first post. On the Ruger forum someone from MN said they can't buy them in that state due to an old "Saturday Night Special" law prohibiting firearms that have metal with a melting point below 1000 degrees. Does MD have any kind of statute like that?

MN is an issue due to their ultimate tendril strength requirements (UTS), not the melting point.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The Ruger website on the Wrangler page says "The Wrangler® is not available for sale in Minnesota and Massachusetts." Maybe one of the other states.

The handgun roster was MD’s version of a “Saturday Night Special” law. I do not foresee this being an issue for the Wrangler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom