• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    Just chatted with bass pro and they no longer sell ammo online, only in store. They say it is due to the shortage and don’t know when it will change.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Interesting. I don't blame them. They now have lurkers there every day checking shelves.
    I used to buy powder online and ship to store. Have not been able to do that in a long while.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Their site is probably botted for ammo/reloading supplies on a daily basis and probably got sick and tired of all the complaints they received from all the orders they had to cancel whenever they have "drops" that couldn't keep up to the everyone trying to squeeze in an online order.

They actually got a whiteboard out at the front door that updates people who just wanna go there for ammo that lets them know if they have received a shipment recently. I find it hilarious, but it saves people the trip to walk down that isle i guess...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just think, if mayonnaise was under such demand, we'd all be lining up for mayonnaise.

BPS/Cabelas are operating under an antiquated system. They can't keep up with the current market situation.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm not convinced the bots are buying it, the bots are indeed notifying individuals when its available though.
    Who has seen evidence that the bots are set up to actually buy the items?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Just as well, their online ordering system had no connection to inventory. You'd order something, then get the order cancelled two or three days later.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I'm not convinced the bots are buying it, the bots are indeed notifying individuals when its available though.
    Who has seen evidence that the bots are set up to actually buy the items?
    Doing a bit of googling, sneaker bots are definitely a thing. P. Sure you got some smart boys that can tweak it to any item.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Bass pro in myrtle beach got huge ammo shipment in today and people were standing in line for up to 4 hours to get 1 box! The store was crazy packed. Guess the plandemic is gone down here!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    $3 per, 12 per case

Attachments

• 534D6402-1F75-4618-8D1E-5F0C49D2CC20.jpeg
      534D6402-1F75-4618-8D1E-5F0C49D2CC20.jpeg
      10.2 KB · Views: 417

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Their site is probably botted for ammo/reloading supplies on a daily basis and probably got sick and tired of all the complaints they received from all the orders they had to cancel whenever they have "drops" that couldn't keep up to the everyone trying to squeeze in an online order.

They actually got a whiteboard out at the front door that updates people who just wanna go there for ammo that lets them know if they have received a shipment recently. I find it hilarious, but it saves people the trip to walk down that isle i guess...

They probably don’t mind that. A handful would see something and buy something. It’s probably to cut down on the people wasting employee time asking if they have any in the back. Or if they moved it. Or when the next delivery is.

mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    I had good luck ordering online from them only had 1 order cancelled. Unfortunately I don’t go into big stores because of my health so I will keep looking online.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Bass Pro Shops is not jacking up the prices like everyone else seems to be. I bought 500 rounds of Winchester 115gr. 9mm there last week for $149. I did have to get there an hour before they opened and stand in line but that didn't seem horrible. I don't know anywhere else local or online that you can get a price like that right now. That said, I think it the only game in town if you really need ammo.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    They probably don’t mind that. A handful would see something and buy something. It’s probably to cut down on the people wasting employee time asking if they have any in the back. Or if they moved it. Or when the next delivery is.
    Yeah, I get it. I just got a good chuckle out of it since it looked like an impromptu solution following the footsteps of what costco does with sanitation products abd toilet paper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom