• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm trying to mount their dual tape switch to a Krebs Ufm Keymod Saiga rail and I've found that their provided mounting methods are inadequate for how I'm going to be utilizing the switch and how I grip the rifle. As far as I can tell no one makes a keymod switch mount specific for even the Protac Rm's, they're all picatinny or mlok.

I tried using a picatinny rail piece to mount the switch along with their retaining clips however it presented 2 problems. 1) the clips are flimsy as hell and 2)when zip tied, there's about a 1/4" of space between the barrel and gas tube respective of where the zip tie passes through the inside of the rail. Those ties will fry on the first mag plus the positioning of the vent holes in relation to the keymod slots is slightly skewed so good luck getting a good grip on the switch. Not a fan of double sided tape because it seems like it's a one use item. The picatinny rail also places it a little too far out for comfortable gripping and activation hence why I wanted a flush keymod mount.

What I've come up with is this: 3m dual lock tape and PEEK zip ties. The problem is I can't find PEEK zip ties that aren't sold to 100/pk which are very expensive and for good reason; 500°F max temp range and very high tensile strength. I've also considered using nomex cord to secure the switch along with the dual lock. Any other ideas?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    metal zip ties. They are thin pieces of metal so do not know how hot they will get as they heat soak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom