• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Screw them, I wouldn’t sell to them either.

If they want to vote for the people who want to ban stuff or make it harder for me to enjoy my hobby or defend myself, then they can suck it. They can like guns all they want, but they are not pro-2nd Amendment if they vote for Democrats.

They are voting to make it so there is an artificially limited supply of a good, then want to buy some of that good before the supply is limited. I say that shops are well within good conscious to exclude them from the market.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In the 1950s and early 1960s my parents owned and operated a motel. At the bottom of the registration cards was a statement that they could deny service or ask someone to leave if they presented a danger or some kind of trouble...I don't remember the exact verbiage. I don't remember them ever denying service or an available room to anyone outside of a very few...mostly it was carnies when the county fair was operating every year...my parents learned the hard way renting rooms to them resulted in massive thefts from the rooms. We had a German Shepherd at the time who had great instincts who was trustworthy and if she refused to allow someone in the office my dad would refuse to rent them a room. I only remember that happened twice...one was two guys who it turned out had just robbed a bank and were looking to find a place to lie low and the other was two men that my dad believed wanted to rob him.

Today it would be near impossible to deny service to anyone for any reason...no matter how justifiable. If that was done now my parents would have been sued and subjected to all kinds of accusations and attempts to put them out of business.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    It is logically impossible to be a Democrat and be pro two a or pro-life. If you're voting for a party that does not support either then you are part of the problem. You might say your pro-life you might say you're pro-second amendment but the reality is you're not. The reality is you're just deluded

100%...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In the 1950s and early 1960s my parents owned and operated a motel. At the bottom of the registration cards was a statement that they could deny service or ask someone to leave if they presented a danger or some kind of trouble...I don't remember the exact verbiage. I don't remember them ever denying service or an available room to anyone outside of a very few...mostly it was carnies when the county fair was operating every year...my parents learned the hard way renting rooms to them resulted in massive thefts from the rooms. We had a German Shepherd at the time who had great instincts who was trustworthy and if she refused to allow someone in the office my dad would refuse to rent them a room. I only remember that happened twice...one was two guys who it turned out had just robbed a bank and were looking to find a place to lie low and the other was two men that my dad believed wanted to rob him.

Today it would be near impossible to deny service to anyone for any reason...no matter how justifiable. If that was done now my parents would have been sued and subjected to all kinds of accusations and attempts to put them out of business.

From the best of intentions, the playing field has been tilted to favor the criminals, it seems. "Freedom" has been turned upside-down in an attempt to right a wrong that has long since been set right by people of good will. Now it is distorted and used as a club by that elite which feels it alone is capable of right thinking.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Are all republicans anti-gay simply because the party platform is marriage is between a man and a woman only? Or do they just care about other issues more?

Doesn’t really matter in the great scheme of things. I might not care if people get abortions, but I’m obviously not pro-abortion since I vote Republican.

You can’t be a Democrat and be pro-2nd Amendment. They are such a minuscule part of their party that the Democrat politicians don’t need to worry about getting their vote or not.

Gun owning Democrats will vote for them no matter what. Gun rights are not a priority for them. Hell, most of them are Fudds who support many gun control policies anyway. I’ve never seen a gun owning Democrat who didn’t support some form of gun control.

If you haven’t already, go check out the liberal gun owners forum, or the one on reddit. They are not our allies, they are scum.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I understand what they're trying to do, but ultimately as a business they're shooting themselves in the foot, and as for the political side they're just pushing more people away. All in all this is a selfish move and is just a way for the owner to feel good about themselves.

Boo hoo. The crybaby democrats who voted for gun control can’t buy stuff from that one shop. It’s not like there’s that many liberal gun owners anyway. I’d say he probably gets more business than any kind of loss.

If they’re that sore about it they can open their own gun shop.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No individual will ever 100% agree with 100% of the views of any other person . Party Platforms offer stances on hundreds ( if not thousands by only minor extrapolation) of issues . Many issues are complex and multi faceted beyond sumerizing in a single sentence .

Recently we had a discussion relating to Conservation and Environmental issues . Yes , the " Green New Deal " is complete nutballery , but that doesn't make having views on specific wildlife habitat , and specific pollution issues , or development patterns antithetical to being Conservative or Republican .

But in the current era and landscape :

1. Extreme Gun Control is a major defining priority of the modern Democrat Party . The case put foreward by ( those favoring the concept in this thread) is that Anti Gun is so strongly linked to Dems that anything contributing to even indirectly the leverage of the D party is de facto advancing that part of the agenda , in a way distinct from virtually every other issue .

2. As far as Political Litmus Tests , 2A views has extremely high correlation to their overall philosophies of Governance , that ( for me) very rarely would it come out wrong ( without going to extreme fringes on both sides ) .

But are all persons registered to a particular party even adherents to the core of their views ? Nah . Even before DINO had a name , in localities where one party ( or one political clique ) has de facto monopoly on power , people have registered such that they can have some degree of voice or participation ( political or economic) ..

But no matter any of the above , this idea is impossible to actually carry out . Unless they walk into an establishment actually chanting anti gun slogans , you have no way of discerning their actual voting records . It's unenforceable stunt to fire up your percieved base .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm old enough to have seen such legacy sinage in my youth . It was actually simpler than that .

Typically " We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone " .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I would love to see a national anti-hypocricy act where if you have supported gun control or are a member of Brady or Commie Mommies or any similar group, you are prohibited from gun ownership. Period.

If there was a National anti-hypocrisy law most people would be banned from many things. The left doesn’t remotely have a monopoly on hypocrisy.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Feniz ammunition now kinda does this as well. During check out they ask if you voted for Biden. If you check yes you cannot purchase ammo. They have also started refusing to sell to law enforcment. Now this Biden thing works as well as the enter your bith date to prove your 18 on wensites. But hey its getting attention and I like this trend.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I would love to see a national anti-hypocricy act where if you have supported gun control or are a member of Brady or Commie Mommies or any similar group, you are prohibited from gun ownership. Period.

That's actually not a bad idea. Before you screech "inalienable right!!" hear me out ...

The Everytown, et al, folks should be pressured into circulating a petition to "Swear Off Guns!" Sign the petition to show your support for Common Sense Gun Control by swearing that you will never, ever, ever own an icky gun. Lead by example! Show your neighbors how to live gun free! Swear the gun-free oath! Act today, because your commitment to gun-free-living matters!

(provides a nifty, easily searchable database for denial of sales/service.)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Sooooo......

It would appear that the majority (all?) of the people who have posted in this thread thus far has missed the point the shop owner was trying to make - it's an open declaration of the their political beliefs. It's really nothing more than that.

This business owner did not shoot themselves in the foot. To the contrary, they got plenty of free publicity - more publicity and advertising than the could have affordably purchased on their own - and Trump/gun supporters are going to flock to that store to offset the loss in sales (predictably probably no actual loss in sales - how many die-hard Biden supporters actually buy guns) and to support a shop who is going to openly make that kind of proclamation.

And let's look at this for the reality that it is - there are more than enough Trump/anti-Biden folks to buyup the stock this business has. Everything has been flying off the shelves for over a year. But to that end, there's really no way the business owner is going to be able to tell a Biden supporter from a Trump supporter:

Owner: Are you a Biden supporter?
    Customer: No.
    Owner: Ok.

That's the reality. IMO it was a shrewd move - they may not have known that it was going to be a news story, but I bet they are giggling their ass off at the boost in sales and free advertising and publicity that it evoked.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Sooooo......

It would appear that the majority (all?) of the people who have posted in this thread thus far has missed the point the shop owner was trying to make - it's an open declaration of the their political beliefs. It's really nothing more than that.

This business owner did not shoot themselves in the foot. To the contrary, they got plenty of free publicity - more publicity and advertising than the could have affordably purchased on their own - and Trump/gun supporters are going to flock to that store to offset the loss in sales (predictably probably no actual loss in sales - how many die-hard Biden supporters actually buy guns) and to support a shop who is going to openly make that kind of proclamation.

And let's look at this for the reality that it is - there are more than enough Trump/anti-Biden folks to buyup the stock this business has. Everything has been flying off the shelves for over a year. But to that end, there's really no way the business owner is going to be able to tell a Biden supporter from a Trump supporter:

Owner: Are you a Biden supporter?
    Customer: No.
    Owner: Ok.

That's the reality. IMO it was a shrewd move - they may not have known that it was going to be a news story, but I bet they are giggling their ass off at the boost in sales and free advertising and publicity that it evoked.

You are correct they cant tell the Biden from Trump supporters always. But it also makes Biden supporters deny that they voted for the pants shitter in chief. Unfortunately these people have no morals so thats probably not a big deal to them. But it still makes a point.

And yes free publicity. Thats a Trump move all the way

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    If they have party registration in their state, it’s easy enough to look up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Party registration means zip.

I grew up in a region where either party could produce local political leadership and registered as an independent upon becoming of age.

Sometime later I got stationed in a place where the entire political spectrum was dominated by democrats, and the primary was the actual election so I changed parties.

Ever since then I change parties more often than I change tires on my car, I’d love to go back to independent as that is what I am, but then I’m losing my votes so it’s random party changes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Party registration means zip.

I grew up in a region where either party could produce local political leadership and registered as an independent upon becoming of age.

Sometime later I got stationed in a place where the entire political spectrum was dominated by democrats, and the primary was the actual election so I changed parties.

Ever since then I change parties more often than I change tires on my car, I’d love to go back to independent as that is what I am, but then I’m losing my votes so it’s random party changes.

This.

Hell, don't we have a whole thread on here about members becoming DINOs because their vote in the democratic primaries is about the only way they can make any political difference?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    This.

Hell, don't we have a whole thread on here about members becoming DINOs because their vote in the democratic primaries is about the only way they can make any political difference?

I've considered doing this but I don't know if I can handle the stain attached to my good name. I don't like labels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom