• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You you missed it, you did not miss much. If you wanted to go, you might be on the wrong forum.

I went down for offshore fishing trip and knew something was up when i saw this truck.

You guys can say all you want about Ocean City but I still love going there and I always end up talking to plenty of people who retire nearby (like Ocean Pines) who enjoyed the move.

6f4b35dad7dbfd88d0b5de29b8d0d4c9.jpg
    c9bc2aee1c284bde658a57abdcd724ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/n...happen-again-maryland-rick-meehan/3811762002/

The town's mayor, Rick Meehan, said Sunday morning that local and state officials must work to change the situation drastically and immediately.

"What took place this past weekend in Ocean City can never happen again," Meehan wrote. "This group came to town with the sole purpose to raise havoc in our community, to disrupt our lives and defy law enforcement."

OC police enforcing "camber laws"
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...ehicle-laws-state-cars-well-theyre-gonna-try/

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

While I think the H2O crowd are a bunch of obnoxious sh*theads, I will say that OCPD has zero business impounding out of state cars for equipment violations. If it's legal where the car is registered that's what matters. I wouldn't mind seeing a lawsuit come out of this sort of thing.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I was down in OC 3 years ago during H20i. Not my intention, but I enjoyed the show. People line the streets in chairs, sit in the back of pickups in parking lots, ect just to watch the sights. They've been trying to crack down on the cars for years, and it clearly hasn't deterred them 1 bit, so not really sure what else they can legally do. Guess they're illegally going after them now lol.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Temporary emission testing stations setup at the entrances into OC is probably on someones list. LOL

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    The videos etc of the banana march etc are a bit much. Its the give an inch take 3 miles approach from the "participants". its an unsanctioned event and always has been. Even when the official H2o was in MD it was in berlin, and it is now in ACNJ. These are just ****boys coming down to make as much headache as they can.

Now I go to cruisin and appreciate a good burn out. But these kids and standing in the streets, blocking traffic etc. Then throwing rocks and bottles at officers. Im curious what the reaction of the town will be and if they will continue to lump these morons in with the cruisin crowd.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    It's not like OCPD went Max Rockatansky on these zipper heads.

OCPD justed wanted to annoy them enough to convince them to go somewhere else for 2020.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    They also dropped the speed limit on coastal during car shows and give an additional ticket for speeding during an event. I’d imagine one of the duplicate tickets for the same infraction gets thrown out every time. I didn’t think you could be written up twice for exactly the same offense.
    41f93f5b76cc9279ed86585394c88e0c.jpg

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    They also dropped the speed limit on coastal during car shows and give an additional ticket for speeding during an event. I’d imagine one of the duplicate tickets for the same infraction gets thrown out every time. I didn’t think you could be written up twice for exactly the same offense.
    41f93f5b76cc9279ed86585394c88e0c.jpg

One infraction, two fines. One for the ticket and then the added "special event zone" tack on fine. Also seen during cruisin when the speed limits are also lowered.

Its a new law that MD signed in in 2018. And only applies to speeding. You should see what the city asked for.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I don't support the idea of changing a speed limit just for a weekend and officer issued citation. Cameras for $75 fines is one thing but don't want to see more citations for a speed change.
    Videos I see of kids throwing eggs and stuff at cops has to stop.

Uhem, 75mph.... well.......

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I don't support the idea of changing a speed limit just for a weekend and officer issued citation. Cameras for $75 fines is one thing but don't want to see more citations for a speed change.
    Videos I see of kids throwing eggs and stuff at cops has to stop.

Uhem, 75mph.... well.......

Agreed the fine is ridiculous. How about 1mph over being 620 dollars?

Ill try and find the proposed law, but they wanted $1000+ and jail time for spinning tires(not separating a slight squeal from a full burnout).

https://www.thedrive.com/news/20998/increased-fines-fail-to-stop-cruisin-ocean-city-event

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    All of the events have gotten out of hand. I no longer take my Chevelle down for the OC Cruisin events being that to many of these types (and other types) show up and drive like complete azzholes, throw trash and taunt the LEO's. It will wreck it for everyone being most of the locals have had enough. Trust me I am not against an occasional burnout but the high speed sh!t is just flat out uncalled for. Now just a spectator to checkout the American muscle.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    All of the events have gotten out of hand. I no longer take my Chevelle down for the OC Cruisin events being that to many of these types (and other types) show up and drive like complete azzholes, throw trash and taunt the LEO's. It will wreck it for everyone being most of the locals have had enough. Trust me I am not against an occasional burnout but the high speed sh!t is just flat out uncalled for. Now just a spectator to checkout the American muscle.

Ive been going for a decade now, to both events(short this and last years october). And its getting to be a bit much for sure. There is still a big difference between cruisin and H20. Even with the burnouts at cruisin its a car in a street with NO pedestrians/people standing there. Still illegal but a level of respect.

Ive never seen the crowds at cruisin block an officer in while attempting to ticket someone. at H20 they will actively stop an officer and block the roads to let someone drive away.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I had to upload this from my phone(not my video but captured from a live stream), this is where I started to take issue. This and the constant flooding of the streets by wannabe instagram morons trying to film with their phones from 2" away.

https://youtu.be/nlNXg9jpLiw

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

Nah. Bike week isn't out of hand. Ive been going since 2003 and never encountered the huge amount reckless behavior that mimics the H2O and Spring Cruisers.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

My family lives in OC and they were pissed this last weekend. It was like a war zone and total lawlessness. They usually leave on the weekends when these events occur. On the other hand some of their friends that own businesses said that it was a better weekend than 4th of July profit wise. It does generate revenue but I don't want to see people hurt with reckless behavior. 75mph in a 30 while on your phone? regardless if they dropped the limit to 30 that's effing stupid. max anywhere in OC is 40. I know people that have been killed in OC being struck by a car and one by a bus.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    OC is cool when you're young and dumb, but as an adult I see no reason to go there instead of bethany or rehoboth....especially if you're bringing your kids. It does't have to be a special event, OC is chok full o trash on most summer days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom