• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Just out of curiosity, will the 1911s be mixed manufacturer, or one maker?

Q

Jul 1, 2012
    they'll be a variety in the batch, and each pistol will more then likely be made up of a variety of parts (e.g. Colt frame with Remington Rand slide etc).
    It's like a box of chocolates...

I suspect any "all correct" and/or interesting guns will be pulled for auction...

From the American Rifleman article:
    "One Remington-UMC Model of 1911 discovered among the many Colts aroused great excitement. "
    note - the Rem-UMC shown has been parkerized and not original finish, grips, or hammer, and the "AA" (Augusta Arsenal) rework mark is clearly stamped on the frame :)

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/5/22/the-cmp-m1911s-the-inside-story/

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Anyone hear how many apps they actually received? Are they going to send each person thier random generated number?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    they will go down the list calling in order of number. If you don't get called they ran out of 1911's before they got to your number and you will have to wait on the next round if there is one
    Gotcha, it would be nice to know where one stands on the list though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Now they are saying they will have everyone's random number generated Oct 18th to give time for "mis-routed mail" date on or before Oct 4th to make it there.

The "5 Oct. 18" is the date they originally planed on they don't give a new date just "a few days" for the mail to show up.
    Everyone disregard the 5 Oct. 18 date for the random numbers generator. We will give mail service(UPS, FED EX & Carrier pigeon) a few days to deliver any mis-routed mail. We will ONLY ACCEPT mail post marked Oct. 4th and before. If it is post marked Oct. 5th and beyond it will be rejected. Once we believe we have received all acceptable post marked mail we will enter everyone into the numbers generator. DO NOT CALL / EMAIL asking when that will be.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Is it because some folks cannot follow simple instructions? Some of the notes in the thread made me shake my head about the things people do.

Q

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Is it because some folks cannot follow simple instructions? Some of the notes in the thread made me shake my head about the things people do.

Q

Yes, partly; partly that people get incensed that CMP can't help them fix issues; partly that people seriously ask the dumbest, most basic questions; and partly that viewing that thread caused me to view all of the other threads in that forum and the amount of D-U-M dumb is pretty astounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom