• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I finally went to order one from Classic but as soon as I put in my address they stopped the transaction. I’d love to have one of these, especially at that price, but the mag issue and stocking an additional caliber is too much of pain.
    You have to call them. They'll even ship the mag if you tell them your ffl will pin it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I finally went to order one from Classic but as soon as I put in my address they stopped the transaction. I’d love to have one of these, especially at that price, but the mag issue and stocking an additional caliber is too much of pain.

Yup, anything >10 round you have to call. Either tell them don’t ship the mag or that your FFL will pin it.

I’ve already got something in .32acp, so i’d love one of these. Only way it would happen is if i can find one at a show, get he mag(s) then and transfer through a MD FFL. Not going to hunt down a rare $50 magazine so I can shoot a $200-250 gun. Damn Maryland.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yup, anything >10 round you have to call. Either tell them don’t ship the mag or that your FFL will pin it.

I’ve already got something in .32acp, so i’d love one of these. Only way it would happen is if i can find one at a show, get he mag(s) then and transfer through a MD FFL. Not going to hunt down a rare $50 magazine so I can shoot a $200-250 gun. Damn Maryland.

Thanks for the info. I’ll call them Tuesday and figure out what my legal options are. If I can have them ship the mag out of state or have my Ffl pin the mag, I’ll go that route.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They're back for $319. Mrs. Beo would absolutely KILL me if I ordered one.

Must. Control. Myself...

They were $300 at one point, I’d snag another if they get there again. I was pretty happy with the cracked stock model I got.

Remember the good old days when Classic didn’t charge sales tax?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I’ll call them Tuesday and figure out what my legal options are. If I can have them ship the mag out of state or have my Ffl pin the mag, I’ll go that route.

Sounds like a good plan. I don’t think anyone makes a 10rnd mag for them (F you MD with zero exceptions). So your options are if your FFL will pin it or they’ll ship it out of state for you. Probably not easy to find them out of state in stock. Barrett’s does sell brand new mags for them still at $48 a pop, but you’d need to have it shipped to you out of state of course.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Thinking about it, a dealer could get a supply of small wood blocks, pull the Beretta 81 mags apart, and insert the block in the bottom. Instant 10-round mag.

There is a dealer in MD who "permanently" blocks mags with a piece of wooden dowel rod and a hot glue gun. I asked them if they were going to pin it when I got my blue label and they said "oh no, that's not permanent". I was scared to death thinking about what they were doing in the back and then laughed all the way home.

tidalwave

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2019
    There is a dealer in MD who "permanently" blocks mags with a piece of wooden dowel rod and a hot glue gun. I asked them if they were going to pin it when I got my blue label and they said "oh no, that's not permanent".

I thought they had to be pinned and welded. Maybe that is a federal thing?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I thought they had to be pinned and welded. Maybe that is a federal thing?

There's no dictated procedure for blocking a magazine that I'm aware of. In Canada where they're limited to 5rd (?) detachable magazines, a rivet is pretty standard.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Anyone notice that Simpsons just got a pile of import marked Red 9s. Wonder where these came from? Price isn't terrible but I cant bring myself to spend that much on an import marked collectible.

https://simpsonltd.com/mauser-c-96-red-nine-rig-z41811/

Man that is really cool I would love to know where they came from, nice rigs for sure. It sucks they had to be import marked but that’s gotta be the best way to do it. Prices seem alright but quite a bit more than I payed for mine. Still tempting though

rauler

May 2, 2012
    Classic emailed me back today (on a Holiday) and the above is true. You guys must have been down this road before :)
    Good to know, thanks. I've been thinking about buying one but haven't pulled the trigger yet (pun intended).

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Called at 9:05 (Classic opens at 9:00) and was caller number 5 in line. I’m at work so didn’t want to wait. I’ll try again later. They must do some decent phone business.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Man that is really cool I would love to know where they came from, nice rigs for sure. It sucks they had to be import marked but that’s gotta be the best way to do it. Prices seem alright but quite a bit more than I payed for mine. Still tempting though

Also noticed 4-5 Swedish Browning M1907s in the original 9mm Browning Long. Not the Century conversions to .380. Simpson is always scouring Europe for cool stuff and I noticed that M1907s sell cheap over there. We're talking around $300-400. But when you factor in the cost to import to the USA that bargain slips away!

Jul 1, 2012
    I saw the M/1907's but didn't catch they were still in Browning Long.
    The prices are actually pretty decent, I doubt you'll find a nice one still in Browning Long for less.
    Some of their earlier offerings are $200 more...

The first one sold in less than an hour; I wonder if the price was a mistake :)
    https://simpsonltd.com/husqvarna-m-1907-d15856/

BTW the notched front sight is a Swedish armorer modification, not a "field-expedient option"...

Jul 1, 2012
    The prices on the ones put up the past few days are actually pretty decent, I doubt you'll find a nice one still in Browning Long for less.

BTW the notched front sight is a Swedish armorer modification, not a "field-expedient option"...

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The prices on the ones put up the past few days are actually pretty decent, I doubt you'll find a nice one still in Browning Long for less.

I saw that too. The pricing boy was drunk that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom