• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    $704.00 Out the Door (If Customer Provides MD Approved Lock)

1, 10 Round Magazine Included.

All of these have been examined and test fired. No century AK lemons here. ;)

If the buyer does not have a MD Approved Lock when MSP Paperwork is submitted, then the customer must purchase one in store. Cost is $42.40 Out the Door for the Lock.

This is a HANDGUN, so the 7 Day Wait Applies and the buyer must have a Maryland HQL, be a MD L.E.O., or an Active Duty U.S. Armed Service Member.

Last edited:

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    $704.00 Out the Door (If Customer Provides MD Approved Lock)

1, 10 Round Magazine Included.

If the buyer does not have a MD Approved Lock when MSP Paperwork is submitted, then the customer must purchase one in store. Cost is $42.40 Out the Door for the Lock.

This is a HANDGUN, so the 7 Day Wait Applies and the buyer must have a Maryland HQL, be a MD L.E.O., or an Active Duty U.S. Armed Service Member.

Clandestine, I always see your informational post as well as see ppl on here trust your advice/workmanship. So on that note, whats your opinion on this firearm? I have a decent amount of 5.56 and an HQL. I sometimes get bored shooting just my AR-15 so this is very tempting. Thanks for any info

Last edited by a moderator:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine, I always see your informational post as well as see ppl on here trust your advice/workmanship. So on that note, whats your opinion on this firearm? I have a decent amount of 5.56 and an HQL. I sometimes get bored shooting just my AR-15 so this is very tempting. Thanks for any info

Thankyou very much Joseph87 :)

To be fair I don't have much experience with this kind of AK. Its basically a modded AK in 5.56 to accept the AR Mag Adaptor. We have examined and tested each one to ensure proper function in the test fire trap.

The Adaptor Assembly is Polymer and appears to be the same material used in quality plastics similar to Magpul PMags. The adaptor does not change the balance and the mags seat easily.

Im not sure of the parts availability for these as the Mag Adaptor and Bolt Head appear to be the only "specialized" components in the firearm.

These can be threaded to accept a YHM Q.D. Flash Hider for suppressor use, setup for a SIG Brace, aftermarket triggers, front rail systems and such.

Being a "Fudd", I never knew such a thing existed :sad20:.Is this a one-off or something that could be available again in the future (when I have money :mad54:) ?

Scott bought all he could get for the moment. All of our distributors with exception to one wont sell anything AK to us, so we jumped on these and bought them all.

We plan to continue to stock these as long as they are legal/available, but we don't know if they will stop selling them or if they will dry up.

Very nice. Am I correct in assuming that AK pistols and AK SBRs are still legal post SB281?

Yes, as long as they are over 29" OAL. You can also install a SIG Brace and avoid the NFA stuff if you want.

Chad....I wish I could grab this and get you to put on a SIG brace. that would be the bomb

We will be doing that, just waiting for them to show up.

This is going to look sweet with my urban broom:party29:

:thumbsup::)

Last edited:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If it had a chromed or nitrided barrel and a brace this would probably be my ultimate non NFA bug out firearm.

Can use plentifully available 5.56 I've got, and in my pmags no less.

Damn that's shmexy

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Chad, do you think it would be possible for a person to prepay (or very heavily deposit) one of these? In the event said person had been being spiteful about acquiring the HQL till they saw this?

:tap:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad, do you think it would be possible for a person to prepay (or very heavily deposit) one of these? In the event said person had been being spiteful about acquiring the HQL till they saw this?

:tap:

Not a problem at all. Just call or stop by. I believe Scott will do 45 day layaway.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Any way these would accept a folding stock assembly for a Sig brace?

clandestine said:
    sb47 brace will bolt right on with no mods.

atlantic firearms sells a folding adapter for the sb47 brace (brace sold separate)

akbrace5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    atlantic firearms sells a folding adapter for the sb47 brace (brace sold separate)

akbrace5.gif

That's the one I meant. I would not personally advise someone to put a folder brace on a pistol if it has a flash hider or silencer. The pistol as equipped has a brake, but Im just throwing that out there.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    That's the one I meant. I would not personally advise someone to put a folder brace on a pistol if it has a flash hider or silencer. The pistol as equipped has a brake, but Im just throwing that out there.

Stopped by today and did my paperwork, just have to wait for it to be submitted. :thumbsup:

You lost me on why the folder is a bad plan. A plain Sig brace is fine per ATF, so why does putting it on a folder become questionable? I'm glad you said this now before I pulled the trigger.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Stopped by today and did my paperwork, just have to wait for it to be submitted. :thumbsup:

You lost me on why the folder is a bad plan. A plain Sig brace is fine per ATF, so why does putting it on a folder become questionable? I'm glad you said this now before I pulled the trigger.

From my understanding, the MSP is the issue. Pistols are = to SBR's in MD. Therefore a Pistol with a folding mech and a flash hider/silencer could be the 2 feature thing that makes it illegal.

I may be wrong here, but I wouldn't put a folder on one of my post 2013 pistols. Just throwing out a caution.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Doesn't SB281 refer to side folding stocks? Just like the ATF recognizes that the Sig Brace isn't a stock (even documented), and a pistol buffer doesn't count as a stock. It shouldn't count right?

Even though I say this, I completely understand that MSP likes to interpret things on their own.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Doesn't SB281 refer to side folding stocks? Just like the ATF recognizes that the Sig Brace isn't a stock (even documented), and a pistol buffer doesn't count as a stock. It shouldn't count right?

Even though I say this, I completely understand that MSP likes to interpret things on their own.

Just throwing out caution. You are correct, the SIG Brace isn't a Stock per ATF. The one shown folds though (It has a hinge) and MD Law is screwy in regards to SBR's and Pistols. Im just saying consider it carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom