• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    I’ve had better luck with cabelas than bass pro for ammo. Lately, if I can get ammo paid for that shows available from cabelas, the order usually goes out. Bass pro will frequently say ammo is available, then never ship it or cancel it entirely.

nokeys

Jul 1, 2019
    I have 3 separate orders attempting to go through the process right now with them. One form 4/5, 4/13, and 5/11 all for assorted .22lr, .223, and 9mm. Everything said available when ordered. The first order I tried putting together was supposed to be free hiping, on review of the order I had a hazmat charge. Ended up looking through all the pages to find one item had the small print warning of a potential haz mat. Deleted it and tried again, and the charge was still there. Cleared all history, cached data, and cookies, and tried again from scratch on a new order of everything but that one item and there was no hazmat fee. That was the first order. Still waiting for multiple items from it. Second order went through with free shipping and no surprises... except that all the available items suddenly aren't and keep getting slipped every couple of days to a new shipping data. Same with the 3rd. They have authorizations on my card for the remaining cost of the order, but have only completed charges on stuff that shipped... at least I think. So maybe eventually I will get what I ordered in full. Or, I just don't get some that I had wanted to try the smallest box I could get to see how the various firearms liked/disliked the ammo.

MidwayUSA hasn't had stock lately, but every time I order fro there, I get stuff quick. They do good keeping track of backordered stuff and being up front on shipping times. The one order I placed for a holster and maybe 2 small boxes of 9mm I got lucky to see as available in march took longer to get here than normal, but everything came. Only maybe an extra week to get here. It was right when they posted they were swamped with orders and the stay at homes were first going out so supply chain was getting screwed up.

During this covid timeframe I've had issues with knifecenter (their site wasn't listing my order as even processing until I contacted them after 5 days of nothing... and knowing that two items indicated delayed (usually 5-7) days shipping. Got a response in a few hours, and the next thing I know is the order shows up in the history. And a message indicating their website was under maintenance (same response I got in the email). Maybe I'll see it ship this week.

Also recently, I tried picking up an extra trauma kit to have multiple in my car and range bag. North American Rescue had a sale item over the weekend. Website wouldn't send me to a confirmation page after trying to submit the order and there was a warning screen not so submit an order twice but to contact the help desk. Which I did... They couldn't find any record of the order. Didn't charge the card (so that's good). The help desk said to reorder, so I tried and the whole site was down. When it finally came back up, the sale was over. Probably won't order until I see a sale. I oder from there because I don't trust the fakes that end up on amazon.

Amazon's been a mess lately. Lots of stuff delayed especially with their prioritization of items... but even that is hit or miss. Had some pre-ordered (back in Jan) toy come in the day it was released, but other items that were in stock not show up for a month.

Only order that went off without a hitch was bladehq.

I don't mind waiting if the store is up front about it... bass pro is getting to be on the naughty list though with new delay emails every couple of days and new probably false promises. But at least they aren't cancelling the order, then posting more of the same at higher prices like I've heard on here that some retailers do. Though maybe I should go back and look to see what has really been charged. Nothing looked like a massive price change.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I ordered 2lb of powder on sale for $27 ship to store 4/26
    It stayed stagnant until last Friday when my CC was charged.
    "In Process right now"

Is the store back open in Arundle Mills?

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    I ordered a case of slug shells 35days ago.
    After paying and 4 email ," were sorry " crap.
    I finally just said screw it. Called them and asked for an explanation and she said they will cancel the order and she hung up. Nice.. I receive the cancellation email this am.. Why would they sell anything when the local stores are closed so you can't pick them up? Smh.. Oh well. Wait for slugs I will.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Their website doesn't work very well from a customer perspective. I was looking at a Savage 10T-SR and then found out you can't order the rifle to maryland online. Then when I went in store I was told it wasn't going to be available at the sale price because it was out of stock and probably won't be back in stock until after the sale ends. Why advertise a sale then? Pretty crappy customer experience all around, but I chalk that up partially to the joys that are Maryland induced.
    I bought a Savage 110 Tactical Hunter back in the Fall out of the Bargain Cave, had it shipped to store, absolutely zero problems. This was the 3rd or 4th gun I bought online and picked it up at Arundel Mills store, all with no issues. By chance are you reading the part on the website next to the “add to cart” tab that might say “ship to store unavailable”? This just means they’re not offering it for sale online, you have to check the “available in certain stores” tab, to see if it’s available at your local store. I assure you that you can buy a rifle online and pick it up there (beware though, for some reason it takes forever for it to get delivered). Your issue was most likely an in-stock/ not in-stock issue, which had nothing to do with evil “Maryland”. Most likely.......

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not really a fan of Bass Pro but I've heard shippers are starting to limit the number of shipments they'll take from vendors. Distributions centers are handling Christmas volumes on a daily basis.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    BassPro
    I ordered a case of Herters 9 on 4/18. Picked them up at the store on Monday. I ordered a case of 45s on may 8. They’re on the way to the store for pickup today or tomorrow. I agree they’re web site and inventory control is weak. But I am getting the ammo at regular prices. I can’t complain under the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_S

Aug 22, 2018
    Hollywood
    Since Bass Pro bought Cabelas and they are combining merchandise and operations (including shipping)... it just isn't the same for either...

Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020
    I ordered some ammo and pmags at the beginning of April. Ammo delayed a week or 2 then came. Pmags delayed all the way to June 6 so I cancelled yesterday. Thewoman on the phone said let me guess you ordered ammo or something firearm related? All of these things are getting delayed or cancelled

GHDIII

Mar 24, 2018
    I gave up on Bass Pro orders

Every online order I've ever places through BP has always had some sort of hangup. Broken equipment. Torn clothes. Out of stock after order placed. Delayed shipping and on and on... I gave up on them some time ago

General

Nov 3, 2019
    Yeah same with me I order some ammo almost a month ago, it processed nicely, then 2 days later I get a delayed notice and then 2 more days went by I get a message saying shipping will be within the next 2 weeks ,if not, then I'll be refunded. They finally shipped me one box of ammo out of numerous boxes that I've ordered smh... still waiting 4 the rest...

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Ordered primers and powder April 7th.

Powder order cancelled early May. Called store 3X from Mid June to mid July. Each time I was told it was "in shipping and should be there by the end of the week". The last time I was told "It had been shipped and was due to arrive the next day".

Today, I get an email saying it was cancelled because the order had not been picked up and was shipped May 5th.

I'll shop on GunBroker before BPS gets another dime of my hard earned money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom