• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    That is pretty hot, I want that PMACA chassis and the short barrel. I have a 3d printed (petg) brace adapter screwed into the factory screw holes. I wanted to redo it in nylon at some point but might go this direction.

Also, you folding stock is going to interfere with a 100rd drum mag :)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    That looks better than the inspiration photo.

Thank you and I agree. Cheaper too :D

That is pretty hot, I want that PMACA chassis and the short barrel. I have a 3d printed (petg) brace adapter screwed into the factory screw holes. I wanted to redo it in nylon at some point but might go this direction.

Also, you folding stock is going to interfere with a 100rd drum mag :)

I’ll just have to keep it unfolded when I shoot a 100 round drum :D

That is really cool. I too have not been interested in the hundreds of 10/22 variants. Yours however has peaked my interest. Could be there is another 10/22 variant in my future. :D

Yes!!! Do it.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Any range report yet? Inquiring minds would like to know

Unfortunately, not yet. Last weekend was my anniversary and Mother's day so I couldn't really get out and shoot.
    I hope to be able to go to my buddy's land this weekend if the weather cooperates. I will definitely keep you posted.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Unfortunately, not yet. Last weekend was my anniversary and Mother's day so I couldn't really get out and shoot.
    I hope to be able to go to my buddy's land this weekend if the weather cooperates. I will definitely keep you posted.

It's suppressed. You can shoot it anywhere. Come on man, laws were made to be broken.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    :lol: The problem are the other guns I want to shoot who even when suppressed, are still quite loud :D
    Man, that's no kidding, they are NOT "hearing safe" for casual shooting, at least not all of them.

I opened this thread and was ticked to see another choice for chassis that I had not considered, but when I saw the price and that all were out of stock, I felt better, besides, I see you went for the exact same PMACA lightweight that I ended up with and the SB folding hinge assembly.

Here is mine, Kidd 16.25" barrel, home-done trigger job and a vintage Beeman 4x21 scope. It shoots and it IS quiet enough to be "hearing safe" with subs. If I had gone short, I think I would have done a 10" barrel rout or something like that, but since my receiver started life long ago as a rifle, it's my understanding I best not try and change it without paperwork, so it would have been cheaper to go the Charger route, like you did. Still, I'm happy with how it turned out.

SBJ1lc3.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Man, that's no kidding, they are NOT "hearing safe" for casual shooting, at least not all of them.

I opened this thread and was ticked to see another choice for chassis that I had not considered, but when I saw the price and that all were out of stock, I felt better, besides, I see you went for the exact same PMACA lightweight that I ended up with and the SB folding hinge assembly.

Here is mine, Kidd 16.25" barrel, home-done trigger job and a vintage Beeman 4x21 scope. It shoots and it IS quiet enough to be "hearing safe" with subs. If I had gone short, I think I would have done a 10" barrel rout or something like that, but since my receiver started life long ago as a rifle, it's my understanding I best not try and change it without paperwork, so it would have been cheaper to go the Charger route, like you did. Still, I'm happy with how it turned out.

SBJ1lc3.jpg

Very cool. I imagine mine will be quiet with CCI SV and the suppressor. I also added the KIDD rear pin which helps eliminate the sound of the bolt smacking back against the receiver. Should be a fun little "toy".

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018

I guess I'll give you a pass...

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Very nice! I SBR'd my Charger but I simply used a Copper Custom adapter which allows the addition of a AR stock. It is intended for a pistol brace but works well for an SBR.

The custom PMACA chassis and Kidd barrel is definitely the "top shelf" solution; I took the simple route. Actually, it's not just expense, I find the Ruger barrels can be difficult to line up. It has to align with the extractor just right. You guys obviously got it figured out.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Quick update. Took it out for the first time today.

Shot the following:
    200 rounds of CCI SV
    100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags
    100 rounds of CCI stingers
    50 rounds of Federal bulk pack (from Walmart)

Not a single malfunction. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I honestly expected a few hiccups. :thumbsup:

Quick pick of the bench.

Attachments

• 90BCADEF-F2E7-4A6E-94F8-FEFBA0E5D1AF.jpg
      90BCADEF-F2E7-4A6E-94F8-FEFBA0E5D1AF.jpg
      183.7 KB · Views: 153

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Quick update. Took it out for the first time today.

Shot the following:

200 rounds of CCI SV

100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags

100 rounds of CCI stingers

50 rounds of Federal bulk pack (from Walmart)

Not a single malfunction. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I honestly expected a few hiccups.

Quick pick of the bench.
    The wood on your M92 looks different outside.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom