• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I was at a flea market in NC and got talking to a guy about ammo. He told me that if I buy hollow points I should never keep the ammo in its original boxes because the "government" can fly over with drones and read the bar code on the boxes and "they" will know who has what. I told him I didn't have to worry about it because my home in lined with lead.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I was at a flea market in NC and got talking to a guy about ammo. He told me that if I buy hollow points I should never keep the ammo in its original boxes because the "government" can fly over with drones and read the bar code on the boxes and "they" will know who has what. I told him I didn't have to worry about it because my home in lined with lead.

:lol2::lol:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Was it this guy?

Attachments

• dale-gribble.jpg
      dale-gribble.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 156

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I overheard a guy who knows a guy who's girlfriend swears this is true, that it's not 90 days but 30 days and the government is only telling people it's 90 days so they can have more time to buy up all the "good" ammo.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    90% of gun show vendors give the rest a bad name;)

There was a guy at the Gettysburg show selling the Yugo surplus 7.62x39 ammo (brass cased,m-67 bullet,corrosive primers) with a big dayglo pink sign on the ammo that said "non corrosive". Too many people fishing for suckers. I just bought some from the Timonium show before the Pa show and knew it was corrosive primed after looking the stuff up at home. I didn't call him out on it cause I wasn't buying any anyway and wonder how many people bought it thinking it was non-corrosive.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    One ammo company was selling SS109 5.56 ammo that was made with black painted tips, rather than green. They were selling it as AP. Some folks bought it not knowing the differences between SS109 and true 5.56 AP.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Sometimes I wish there was a "Snopes"-style website just for all the wild rumors that run rampant relating to guns and ammo.

But, some out there would probably insist it was a "fake" site secretly run by the gubmint, or the Bradys, as subterfuge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom