• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BL4CKL4B

Feb 10, 2017
    Howdy, MDS.

I recently found a TPM MP5SD upper receiver and it just landed at my FFL.

To my dismay, I found out too late that it was not on the MD handgun roster. I am also unaware of any way to AOW it while it sits at my FFL.

If anyone knows of a good way to obtain the SD within Maryland’s laws I would appreciate the guidance.

On that note- is there an MP5SD that is obtainable within Maryland?

Thank you!

BL4CKL4B

Feb 10, 2017
    Yes, you can buy and own a transferrable full auto MP5SD. Assuming that you can pass the background checks........The only other limitations are you bank account and your wife. :)
    I have a transferable Colt 639 in the system now. Unexpectedly cheaper than MP5s are going for these days.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    is it just the receiver ? or the whole gun? if its a receiver you can I believe have it as a pistol. Omega arms built some of those , and many registered them as pistols. the suppressor is a NFA item . so a form 4 would have to be used and sent in.

BL4CKL4B

Feb 10, 2017
    It is not on the handgun roster, so it doesn't qualify as a pistol in MD. As a rifle, it would be recognized as a copycat of an HK93 (I think)... My solution was to send it to TPM, ask them to register it as an AOW and then transfer it back to me.

Much longer wait than anticipated, but worth it I hope.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If it is just the upper receiver, then it should be transferred as a suppressor, shouldn't it? Get an MP5 receiver and make it an SBR, as long as you make the 29".

BL4CKL4B

Feb 10, 2017
    MP5's in MD are notoriously difficult to reach 29". I have a full size MP5 and have tried F stocks to Dan Haga tweaked stocks, and always fall at least an inch short.

Not sure what you mean by the upper being transferred as a suppressor. The Suppressor is a separate detachable unit, and needs it's own form 4.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MP5's in MD are notoriously difficult to reach 29". I have a full size MP5 and have tried F stocks to Dan Haga tweaked stocks, and always fall at least an inch short.

Not sure what you mean by the upper being transferred as a suppressor. The Suppressor is a separate detachable unit, and needs it's own form 4.

Scratch my previous thoughts. I'm thinking an MP5 has an upper like an AR, when it does not....

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have 3 SD's ( I'm a VA resident) that I bought 2 receivers and registered them as pistols. I also have a registered sear SD from RTDS . they are well worth the cost and wait. I was lucky enough to get 2 Silencerco Omega 9SD suppressors for the pistols. Wish I would have bought 2 more. for their size they are fantastic! The RTDS is a much longer can. But probably the quietest 1 on the market. You will have some fun when you get yours !

BL4CKL4B

Feb 10, 2017
    I was lucky enough to get the B&T SD suppressor right before their new inventory of GHM9SDs hit the streets and the cans sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom