• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Not a big deal since they don't have credit card or other personal information, but could be a problem for anyone using the same email and/or password on multiple sites.

Here's the message I just sent to the site:
    On October 21 I received a phishing scam email sent to gun-dealscom20120310@[TRB'ssecretlair] asking me to "please verify your id" and made to look like it came from Apple.

I use a unique address with every entity I give an email address to. If I ever get email from any other entity to that email address I know it has been sold, shared, or stolen. In this case I believe it has been stolen. I don't use Microsoft or Apple products and don't store email addresses in any address book so it could not have been stolen from me. I advise you to check your systems immediately and fix the breach!

I have already changed my email address, but I do not see a way to change my password. Once you have found and fixed the breach, you should notify all users and force password updates.

Thank you,
    - TapRackBang

WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana
    When this originally happened in 2016 the site was on a secure server but wasn't using the https protocol. There were measures in place to stop hacking but we've since updated to site to SSL. We've never had a breach and we do not now and have never sold email addresses. That goes against everything we stand for. If anyone ever has a problem they can contact me on here or email admin@gun-deals.com directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom