• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goodboyranger

Mar 20, 2020
    Baldwin, MD
    While I understand the need for the equipment in the hospitals, where does their right to take your personal property stop? Are they going to look at purchase history and approach private residences? If he can enact this executive order giving police the authority to “commandeer” PPE they could authorize anything (ammo, property, food, fuel?). Thought it might be a relevant topic for this forum and at a minimum may be a reminder about the traceability of your preps. Meanwhile 3M’s distributors have been selling n95 masks to foreign entities who are showing up to the distribution centers with cash, denying Americans the much needed PPE. On the same day that story broke a US Governor is legalizing theft of said PPE from US citizens.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/0...police-to-commandeer-needed-medical-supplies/

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Sounds illegal to me...- Capt. Obvious

And one more thing to not comply with. This event is certainly being used to test the limits of their communist/fascist regimes. What will they do? Hard to say. Sounds more like a threat to go after companies who normally have a bunch, not someone who bought a pack or 10 before this kicked off. Regardless, I hope the infringement cases that will come from this pandemic can be won.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    What the hell!?

Murphy had previously ordered for businesses and individuals to donate unused personal protection equipment by March 27 for future use by hospital workers facing shortages.

This sounds an awful lot like mandatory/voluntary gun buy backs or calling my taxes voluntary contributions.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I thought the ACLU would be an essential business. Where are they on these business closings/stay home orders/arrest, jail fines for what the governors are doing and now Police getting orders to take stuff?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not a good sign.

Not unsurprising. It is Jersey.

Nobody has ever done this (covid type pandemic writ large) before. Not defending Jersey...in fact, I expect to see other leftist enclaves follow suit.

Politics: always about the acquisition of and application of power. ALWAYS

Jersey folks brought in their pols and their laws. They own this.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I’ve never really heard of buzzfeed but they have two unsettling articles on the “authoritarian creep” the virus is causing, and how people are just to accepting of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...ter-coronavirus-it-will-not-go-back-to-normal

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/they-were-opposed-to-government-surveillance-then-the

We should be encouraging articles from places like that because it doesn't carry the baggage of the more overtly right-leaning sites.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This isn't going to end well. It's not going to end well at all.

If it can start there, using the massaging of language to make you a hoarder for having 20 dust masks, what's the next step?

Too much food? Hoarder.
    Too much much water? Hoarder

Too big of a house for the number of people that live there? Commandeered.

This is a big damned deal.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

If it can start there, using the massaging of language to make you a hoarder for having 20 dust masks, what's the next step?

Too much food? Hoarder.

******I think this is part of the reason many people have suggested for getting rid of paper currency and going to all CC, Debit, or other form of electronic payment. It makes it easy to track purchases, and much more difficult to hide assets, track the purchase of items deemed dangerous (guns, bibles, NRA whiskey tumblers, Gadsden flags, MAGA hats, bacon, or whatever, etc..)

I've always tried to pay cash for most everything, mostly as a budgetary thing (no cash, no buy...). There are some things you can't buy in cash(at least easily), but I can see how the govt, or other such entity would rather be able to pull up a persons purchase history and see where they have been, what and how much was bought, etc...

This IS a big damned deal. It's being done incrementally, like gun control. The virus going on now is a terrible situation and crisis. We know from experience that there are those out there who never let a crisis go to waste. :rolleyes:

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    ******I think this is part of the reason many people have suggested for getting rid of paper currency and going to all CC, Debit, or other form of electronic payment. It makes it easy to track purchases, and much more difficult to hide assets, track the purchase of items deemed dangerous (guns, bibles, NRA whiskey tumblers, Gadsden flags, MAGA hats, bacon, or whatever, etc..)

I've always tried to pay cash for most everything, mostly as a budgetary thing (no cash, no buy...). There are some things you can't buy in cash(at least easily), but I can see how the govt, or other such entity would rather be able to pull up a persons purchase history and see where they have been, what and how much was bought, etc...

This IS a big damned deal. It's being done incrementally, like gun control. The virus going on now is a terrible situation and crisis. We know from experience that there are those out there who never let a crisis go to waste. :rolleyes:

China is already using digital payment apps to track people.

“Payment apps like Alipay and WeChat installed software to track users' movements. China’s state-run telecom color-coded users’ phones in red, green, and yellow, based on their risk of possible infection — which were then checked by guards at train stations. Those who broke quarantine were reported to the police.”

From one of the articles I just posted. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...ter-coronavirus-it-will-not-go-back-to-normal

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I thought the ACLU would be an essential business. Where are they on these business closings/stay home orders/arrest, jail fines for what the governors are doing and now Police getting orders to take stuff?

They’re too busy mad that illegals aren’t getting a stimulus check, pushing for the release of prisoners from prisons, and working on vote by mail.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Too much food? Hoarder.

This, along with the digitizing of transactions, means that all citizens will then have to be cared for by the government for all facets of life. The Master Plan is becoming clearer each day.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    "Ordered" to "donate."

Love the wordsmithing surrounding this Jersey extortion.

DeCavalcante would be proud.

Like the idea of mandatory volunteer hours in school.

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    Imagine government run healthcare, you live, you die, have a nice day.

I don't think they'd tell you to have a nice day.

In all seriousness, these state governments should be taken to task for not being prepared for something like this. And if they are "ordering" people to "donate" supplies then that shows how ill-prepared they really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom