• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I like the $25 video option. Can a nice blonde lady read the list of their illegal registration file off to me :-)

Kidding aside, what happens when we all ask and all want to go pick up their stasi records on us? Could take months for them to catch up. Wish the MSP would go fix b'more rather than be printing stuff off at .06 a copy (which we already paid for several times over).

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Fruit of the tainted tree

MSP's lawyers (the real ones) are smart enough to know that the SECOND warrant they filed for would be contested and upheld as bogus because they would then KNOW that the list is NOT a list of what you have, only what you have purchased once upon a time.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I will keep putting my and my time when I have them to where each can be used as best as I can. But damn if I may or may not have bought my first p80 project today.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, MSRPA is worthy of support. The State affiliate of NRA.

I know folks crap on NRA, but if you really do your research, NRA does step up.

MSRPA is a named plaintiff in a case relevant to MD.

MSRPA has a representative in Annapolis working closely with MSI and NRA. (MJD438).

Consider being a member.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    MSP's lawyers (the real ones) are smart enough to know that the SECOND warrant they filed for would be contested and upheld as bogus because they would then KNOW that the list is NOT a list of what you have, only what you have purchased once upon a time.

So they would not have record of those I transferred to an FFL within and without the state of MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    so for my education whats your next step

No idea. No idea.

Go back to the MSP and query for a process to correct the personal firearm registration record? Proof of disposition of a previously recorded firearm via bill of sale and/or POC for a FFL that performed the transfer/sale?

It may just be a stagnant database. Garbage in... no garbage ever let back out.

This is also a concern of mine as well. I need to see what the MSP believes that I have.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Go back to the MSP and query for a process to correct the personal firearm registration record? Proof of disposition of a previously recorded firearm via a bill of sale and/or POC for a FFL that performed the transfer/sale?

It may just be a stagnant database. Garbage in... no garbage ever let back out.

This is also a concern of mine as well. I need to see what the MSP believes that I have.

As mentioned before, the database, per state law, is of regulated sales (purchases), not what you personally own. A sale (purchase), is a sale (purchase), is a sale (purchase), which means that when you bought a firearm, that sale is in the database, when you sell that firearm, it is in the database (as a purchase buy the other person), when that person sells the firearm, it is in the database.

There is no way to remove a purchase from your record.

The only sales (purchases) that do not show up in the database, are those that did NOT require a 77R to complete.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And, interestingly enough, the database was never supposed to be searchable by name, only by firearm model and serial number. No clue when that changed, but I am guessing sometime in the late 90's.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Join MSI (Maryland Shall Issue). They need it for the lawsuits they are bringing against the state for various infringements. They're the only ones fighting exclusively for MD in the courts. While you're at it, send as much as you can afford. Those lawsuits are expensive. (They're all-volunteer, and their President is a lawyer, but there are fees and expert witnesses who don't come cheap).

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

Yup, the only ones... not like MSRPA being a named plaintiff on a case that is at SCOTUS awaiting review...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In fairness to my colleague from nuclear free Takoma Park, until Malpasso I also had no idea that MSRPA was anything other than a club that (wisely) had one of their knowledgeable board members testify in Naptown. Similar to JJ representing Mt. Washington and now (formerly?) some other org (2A MD).

I don't think it would be bad form to let MDS members know how they can contribute to current and future lawsuits, I would certainly like to know.

And a bigly Yuge THANK YOU for all the time you and all the others spend in Annapolis during the session. Your knowledgeable and poignant testimony is always "Must See" TV when I can't make it in person.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    To chime in on the records, I had a run in with MSP's database a few years back. I bought a handgun off another member here and we did the transfer at MSP. When the Trooper ran the serial number he came back over to us and asked when the seller had aquired the gun because the last transfer of it was to a different person; the person he had gotten it from. The Trooper had no record of the 77r the guy I bought from had done when he got it. Luckily the seller still had his not disapproved paper copy of it. So yeah MSP's records are not perfect at all. The Trooper just said oh they must be behind. If I recall correctly the seller had had it over a year.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    The reality is the state does not care about your rights as a law abiding citizen. In their eyes, you are merely a potential criminal and they do not discriminate between criminality that stems from your own unethical action or as a result of future legislation. It is a class/caste system in all but name and it’s reach goes far beyond firearm related issues. Their rule of thumb is collect as much data as possible and process the archives as it suits their needs at any given time.

Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.

Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    In fairness to my colleague from nuclear free Takoma Park, until Malpasso I also had no idea that MSRPA was anything other than a club that (wisely) had one of their knowledgeable board members testify in Naptown. Similar to JJ representing Mt. Washington and now (formerly?) some other org (2A MD).

I don't think it would be bad form to let MDS members know how they can contribute to current and future lawsuits, I would certainly like to know.

And a bigly Yuge THANK YOU for all the time you and all the others spend in Annapolis during the session. Your knowledgeable and poignant testimony is always "Must See" TV when I can't make it in person.
    Thanks for the comments.

In order to avoid derailing this thread any further than necessary, we do have a Malpasso thread here already - https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=238606. Some background information in a reply to a thread started by welder516, including basic information concerning donations to our litigation efforts - https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5444083&postcount=7.

If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to contact me through messaging here, through our Facebook page, or via email at boardchair AT msrpa.org.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    To chime in on the records, I had a run in with MSP's database a few years back. I bought a handgun off another member here and we did the transfer at MSP. When the Trooper ran the serial number he came back over to us and asked when the seller had aquired the gun because the last transfer of it was to a different person; the person he had gotten it from. The Trooper had no record of the 77r the guy I bought from had done when he got it. Luckily the seller still had his not disapproved paper copy of it. So yeah MSP's records are not perfect at all. The Trooper just said oh they must be behind. If I recall correctly the seller had had it over a year.

There have been other known cases of flaws in the database. I am certain they will never have the money to audit and correct it. A known flawed database is worthless for any legal action - forever.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yes, MSRPA is worthy of support. The State affiliate of NRA.

I know folks crap on NRA, but if you really do your research, NRA does step up.

MSRPA is a named plaintiff in a case relevant to MD.

MSRPA has a representative in Annapolis working closely with MSI and NRA. (MJD438).

Consider being a member.

Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom