• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Slight correction - the MGA can, and has, submitted bills all the way through Sine Die. Just needs enough political clout from the Speaker or President to push things through Rules in each House. They will hold a committee hearing standing in the State House lobby to say it was public if they want something badly enough.

90-day, full contact sport...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. Politics is a game without rules, winner take all.

Don't forget how votes have been re-taken until our masters get the outcome they desire. I've seen it done, and it's not pretty.

I've seen witnesses for the State have their testimony halted in mid-sentence, lest they go rogue by telling the truth.

There's a reason my signature line states "The hand that signs the paycheck rules the world." Maryland is the poster child for Sordid.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Watching 422 from my office and would just like to thank you all that went and keep going to testify. Hopefully if this passes it will ad to the burdensome argument. Starting to think SCOTUS will be the final word on all of this.

In other news, yesterday I witnessed a Sunday hunting hearing that lasted less than 10 minutes. So many people have opinions but "none" in this case got involved except those being paid.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I watched the hearing, this one is going nowhere. No supporters and even the gal from Marylanders to Prevent Gun Ownership said that they like the current system and don't dick with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Link for hearing is:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsi...te=jpr&clip=JPR_2_13_2020_meeting_1&ys=2020rs

Hearing on SB422 Starts at 1:00 with Senator Young.

At 1:22.50, Mark Pennak states: "...people with carry permits typically practice all the time because they have to maintain their proficiency for the renewal. So people I know with carry permits, and I have one, we practice every month. Often every week. I go through 10,000 rounds a year. There are people who are far more proficient who carry permits than there are police officers who are proficient. The idea that they need this continual reminder to train is unfounded.

Senator Young: "I'm not going to comment on things or ask a question. I just have to do one thing. I do not like disparaging police officers n to say that someone is better than they are. Just. I have the highest respect for police officers. Thank you.

This is the male version of Atterbeary.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Link for hearing is:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsi...te=jpr&clip=JPR_2_13_2020_meeting_1&ys=2020rs

Hearing on SB422 Starts at 1:00 with Senator Young.

At 1:22.50, Mark Pennak states: "...people with carry permits typically practice all the time because they have to maintain their proficiency for the renewal. So people I know with carry permits, and I have one, we practice every month. Often every week. I go through 10,000 rounds a year. There are people who are far more proficient who carry permits than there are police officers who are proficient. The idea that they need this continual reminder to train is unfounded.

Senator Young: "I'm not going to comment on things or ask a question. I just have to do one thing. I do not like disparaging police officers n to say that someone is better than they are. Just. I have the highest respect for police officers. Thank you.

This is the male version of Atterbeary.

Note to self: for some people, ignorance is a choice

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008

In the course of my shooting instruction, I was journeyman under a police officer...who would have told you that Officer John Q. Average was a terrible shot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Plenty of people here enjoy telling horror stories about things observed at a range .

( Even though they are substantially apples & oranges ) The relevant question / answer is the relative rate of mistaken shootings and inadvertently shooting bystanders/ unintended shootees .

I haven't made this observation recently :

The average LEO is more competent shooter than * average member of the total population overall .

A LEO who qualifies at 90 % level , would typically be about 2/3 of the way down the rankings at an informal Club Match of various disciplines .

Not withstanding the recent Texas Church incident , that variation of pure shooting ability usually is less of a marginal factor than situational awareness , or street smarts .

And yes , there are people who overlap between LE occupation , and being shooting enthusiast .

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Plenty of people here enjoy telling horror stories about things observed at a range .

( Even though they are substantially apples & oranges ) The relevant question / answer is the relative rate of mistaken shootings and inadvertently shooting bystanders/ unintended shootees .

I haven't made this observation recently :

The average LEO is more competent shooter than * average member of the total population overall .

A LEO who qualifies at 90 % level , would typically be about 2/3 of the way down the rankings at an informal Club Match of various disciplines .

Not withstanding the recent Texas Church incident , that variation of pure shooting ability usually is less of a marginal factor than situational awareness , or street smarts .

And yes , there are people who overlap between LE occupation , and being shooting enthusiast .

Your casual range observations would differ drastically if it were comprised of a population of wear and carry permit holders. I know several LEO’s. They have told me that most of their brethren fire a gun once a year to qualify and that’s it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's why I worded exactly as I did , to reflect my personal observations .

Notice , I was in opposition to the proposed increases in training requirements , and supportive of the skills of current regime W&C holders vs real world .

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    If I as a normal unprivileged Marylander can outshoot a qualified law enforcement officer,can I get a carry permit? Maybe put us on a Dirty Harry course?

I respect and appreciate the hell out of our LEO's, but not their crown appointed privilege.

Sorry guys, your life is not more precious than my family

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom