• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Loading up a bunch of 45 ACP range brass today because covid19. Came across a piece that refused to deprime. Took a closer look and saw it was Berdan primed WTF? Looked at the head stamp and it said only 45 ACP on the lower ring and, upon Magnifying it through the magic of photography, (chinese?) characters on the top.

The case was silver colored (chrome plated?) has anyone come across cases like this before?

Attachments

• image3.jpg
      image3.jpg
      116.2 KB · Views: 443

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    if I use my eyes the headstamp appears to have a "pi" greek symbol in the middle with a 3 on the left and a backwards 3 on the right. I'll look up silver bear and Tula headstamps online and see if anything looks familiar. Sorry for the poor photo, my iphone doesn't have a macro camera and I probably got too close.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I ripped this picture off from another site...

Anyway, it’s Russian.

Attachments

• C948D0A4-0E79-4A88-A143-AF2A5C4646E0.jpeg
      C948D0A4-0E79-4A88-A143-AF2A5C4646E0.jpeg
      76.9 KB · Views: 560

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    if I use my eyes the headstamp appears to have a "pi" greek symbol in the middle with a 3 on the left and a backwards 3 on the right. I'll look up silver bear and Tula headstamps online and see if anything looks familiar. Sorry for the poor photo, my iphone doesn't have a macro camera and I probably got too close.

Those sound like Russian letters, I can't make them out on my phone... do they look like this:

ЭПЕ

The 3 looking one is 'eh oborotnoye' (literally backwards E, makes an 'eh' sound), Pi looking thing is a russian P, and E is the more common russian E (pronounced like 'yeh'). Not sure if they represent the name of an armory or what.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Those sound like Russian letters, I can't make them out on my phone... do they look like this:

ЭПЕ

The 3 looking one is 'eh oborotnoye' (literally backwards E, makes an 'eh' sound), Pi looking thing is a russian P, and E is the more common russian E (pronounced like 'yeh'). Not sure if they represent the name of an armory or what.

that is an accurate description of what i see on the case

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I think its silver bear. I have some brown bear 223 with the same stamp. Bought it from someone at gunshow last year. I have no idea of when it was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom