• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    So I've finally go through the fun process of transferring a firearm from a different owner/state to maryland............:sad20:

First some props. I choose A&D in glen burnie to go through the process. I'll admit it cost a little more than I anticipated but the fact the the pistols were gifts, I wasn't going to complain. The staff at A&D were just great, very genuine and helpful. Mistake #1 however, dont take your wife to a place that has both firearms and jewelry. So i went a week ago and filled out the paperwork. Then off that monday for business in Pittsburgh. Half way through the week i get a phone call from the wife. "Honey, remember that ring we saw at A&D? Well i went up there today cause i couldn't stop thinking about it." {in my head} "F**K!".

So a week passed I call up and check to see if the paper work was in (in conversation the week passed, they mentioned the paperwork came back late). Paperwork was back (good news), they had no internal barrel locks in stock (bad news). {F**K!}. So then i make a judgment call. A decision all men must make every so often. "What can i give up to get what i want".

So with that said i march down to the pawn shop. In my prior visits i notice they have a 23 and a 27 in stock with barrel locks. :D. So i propose a deal. Give up the locks and possibly have to stall a sale for 2 days until they get their locks in and i'll buy the ring too. They make it happen. So i walked out packing and a very happy smiling wife.

Spent the entire load of the money i made from a side web design gig but oh well.

Overall experience with A&D 4 and 1/2 stars. And i've already got my eye on a few watches.

Attachments

• DSC_0100.JPG
      DSC_0100.JPG
      47.5 KB · Views: 358
    Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I love stories with happy endings.

I too made the mistake of having my wife with me when I went in there one day about 3 years ago. she got a kick out of the "guns, tools and jewelry" thing. I guess she'd never been in a pawn shop before.

Although I really think of A and D as more of a gun shop than pawn shop.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I agree, at one point i kinda forgot it was a pawn shop until i came in and saw someone pawning some jewelery and xbox games. I think i'll end up going up there some more.. spend some money on some cheap materialistic fixes...

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Went there with my mom to pick up my Sabre Defense AR-15 stripped lower. She wound up getting a braclet. She has always loved the jewlery there. It's a helluva a lot cheaper than the jewelery store!

Anyhow, got a DPMS parts kit and built myself a nice lower receiver. Used a Rock River fixed stock and buffer tube. Think the upper will be a 20" pre-ban barrel with the detachable carry handle. Probabally get a scope for it one day.

A&D has always been a great bunch of guys. I thought the price of the transfer was VERY high though. I'll stick with the guy a Jessup Pawn for transfers. The guys at A&D have a nice selection and their prices aren't that far off the rest of the dealers in the area, even though most of the dealers prices in the area are jacked up! :sad20:

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    bwahahahaha!

So got out to the range today with the new toys (on target and this experience was MUCH nicer than my last time, i'll deff go back)

First shot ever out of the glock 23. Bullseye at 25 feet. The close up is the first target i went at, you can see it was pretty mauled up in the center.

My father and wife went as well. I brought the m1911 .45, my father brought his ruger 357, 380 and 38. And the wife brought her glock 27.

Funny story of the night, my wife asked my father to shoot what she thought was his 38, she was actually asking for his 357. She literally was blown off balance and if not for me standing behind her (cause i knew it was coming) she would have bee on her butt. The look on her face of... "ooh, now i know why you said hold on tight....."

You should have seen her when she tried to shoot the 7th shot from a 6 chamber lol. Talk about flinching.

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
      DSC_0014.JPG
      54.4 KB · Views: 137
    • DSC_0013.JPG
      DSC_0013.JPG
      59 KB · Views: 133

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    You should have seen her when she tried to shoot the 7th shot from a 6 chamber lol. Talk about flinching.

Hmmmm...sounds like a great way to do some revolver training. Load a few 357's, 2 38 specials and one snap cap. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom