• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jonny

Nov 3, 2007
    Annapolis
    Hey Shooters,

My name is Jonny and I'm new to the forum and to the state. I am from PA and just moved here about a month ago, living outside of Annapolis. Finally settling in...

Today I went to the Silverado gun show and bought some bulk ammo and ran into a gentleman with a MDSHOOTERS.com on. I briefly talked to him and he told me to check out this website, unfortunately I didn't get his name, thanks again.

Anyways I am trying to find some outdoor ranges that allow rifles, so far I've only found Fort Meade which requires a Govt job or military status. I have a lot of free time now that I am settled in and miss shooting. Any info would be great!

I look forward to talking to all of you!

- Jonny

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Welcome Jonny!

We just had a shoot at Delmarva and if I lived down that way this is where I would be shooting all the time. It's a nice range and the folks who run it don't mind if ya cut loose, hard to find a place that will let you do that in Maryland.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hey Jonny,

Welcome aboard. That was probably DD214 that you ran into. He's the guru who runs this little slice of heaven.

There's a bunch of us here that are around Annapolis. Are you out in Cape St Claire? Arnold?

Most of us drive down to DelMarVa range just past Cambridge to shoot.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome Johnny.
    There are some private outdoor ranges around not too far from you, but none really cheap.
    If you don't mind driving a ways, then you can find some good places that are more affordable. I was at the Delmarva range last weekend and it really is worth riding out all the way to. That place rocks!

Jonny

Nov 3, 2007
    Annapolis
    Thanks guys for the quick responses. DELMARVA looks like a nice place to check out.

Do you bring your own targets or do they have them there for you?

Norton, Im in Davidsonville, about 20 minutes from Cape and Arnold I believe.

Also does anyone know about obtaining suppressors and full auto rifles in MD? I am waiting on my "collectors permit." Changing states can be awlful at times with applying for permits...

Thanks Again!

- J

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks guys for the quick responses. DELMARVA looks like a nice place to check out.

Also does anyone know about obtaining suppressors and full auto rifles in MD? I am waiting on my "collectors permit." Changing states can be awlful at times with applying for permits...

Thanks Again!

- J

You're out the rich part of town :D

Class III stuff is surprisingly available in this area. Lots of dealers nearby:
    Continental Arms
    The Armory
    A+D Pawn
    Christian Soldier
    Accurate Pawn

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Welcome. I think Otto's Police Supply is also class III.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Welcome to the community, Jonny! :beer: Were you the person that asked me about the "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" on the back of my shirt? Other than Henry from MSI and forum member h2u, that is the only person that I talked to about the forum. Everyone else was too busy looking at all the sexy black rifles that were clearly placed there as the ultimate test of will and self control (I caved).

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Jonny- What part of Davidsonville are you in? I border it to the south in Harwood. If you shoot pistol or archery, we've got a good outdoor range here. No rifles- but at least they will let you sight in a shotgun or blackpowder just before the season.

Thanks Again!

- J

Jonny

Nov 3, 2007
    Annapolis
    Jonny- What part of Davidsonville are you in? I border it to the south in Harwood. If you shoot pistol or archery, we've got a good outdoor range here. No rifles- but at least they will let you sight in a shotgun or blackpowder just before the season.

H2U,

Im near Homestead gardens I believe its called. Near Davidsonville Road if that helps...

I have several pistols but do not do archery. Whats the name of the place where you can go? Is it public or private place? If private, do you know the yearly costs?

DD214,

That wasn't me. I asked the guy I talked to if he knew of any gun clubs in Maryland to check out, and if MDSHOOTERS was one. He told me of an outdoor range near Cape Saint Claire. I was reading over the shirt section, and maybe it was someone who won a shirt as a door prize? I do not know unfortunately. Though I am happy I ran into the person with the shirt on, he told me to check out the site.

Anyways what is the situation with the shirts? I need to represent my new state colors.

Thanks again everyone for all the info. Great forum! :bowdown:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    OK- You're not far away. Yes, Homestead Gardens is the really big nursery with everything under the sun. Are you on 214 or 424 or in a neighborhood just off of it.
    The name of the range is the 12th Precinct Pistol and Archery Club. Link here: http://www.twelfthprecinct.org/
    Yearly dues are $120 (a steal) and a $50 initiation fee. You can shoot seven days a week from 9am-9pm. Pistols only. No rifle caliber "Contender"-type pistols. It's a private club that you need to attend a meeting and submit an application to be a member. It's outdoor and has 25 and 50 yard targets. PM me if or when you want to check it out.

H2U,

Im near Homestead gardens I believe its called. Near Davidsonville Road if that helps...

I have several pistols but do not do archery. Whats the name of the place where you can go? Is it public or private place? If private, do you know the yearly costs?

Thanks again everyone for all the info. Great forum! :bowdown:

Jonny

Nov 3, 2007
    Annapolis
    I really like it, only flag with coat of arms if Im correct.

H2U,

do you have to be nominated to join the club, or just apply? I might have to check it out this week once I get the last of my guns from PA.

- J

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I really like it, only flag with coat of arms if Im correct.

H2U,

do you have to be nominated to join the club, or just apply? I might have to check it out this week once I get the last of my guns from PA.

- J

Meeting is the first Monday of each month (day after tomorrow) that doesn't fall on a holiday. You do have to be voted in after a two month probationary period. Like I said, PM me if you want to meet up there Monday or some other time. That goes for any of the Forum members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom