• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alib94

Jan 20, 2019

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If you have not moved your rapid-fire trigger devices (bump-stocks, binaries, hell-fires, trigger cranks, etc.) out of state, or otherwise sold/destroyed them before Oct 1, 2018, you are in violation of this stupid law. The law allowed a one year stay if you "applied" for permission to keep them from ATF. Then you have until Oct 1, 2019 to receive final authorization. The catch is ATF said they have nothing to do with this silliness and returned everyone's "application letters" back without action. Theoretically, if you sent a letter requesting permission before Oct 1st 2018, you are covered this year as "applying" for authorization, but after that, there will be no official authorization from the ATF so they are all banned for everyone as of this Oct 1st, 2019. No other grandfathering. No compensation for loss of your property.

Clear as mud?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Every Maryland Bump Stock and trigger owner sent a letter to ATF. The OP has just forgot he did, it happens.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Every Maryland Bump Stock and trigger owner sent a letter to ATF. The OP has just forgot he did, it happens.

That's what I figured. After all, since the state has no records of who sent in a request, it would be mighty difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.... but that all changes on Oct 1st of this year, unfortunately.

To the OP... Maryland Shall Issue has been fighting this unconstitutional law in the courts. If you haven't yet been in the fight and resent having the use of your lawfully purchased property stolen by the state, I would urge you to consider donating to the cause. It is expensive to fight these cases, and MSI has been one of our best allies.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    (Edited... removed quote for benefit of OP).

I'd say not, but I wouldn't go looking for trouble by dragging out your toys. I tried to respond to your PM, but I got the message:

Alib94 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well, you just admitted that you are a criminal now. This is why these laws suck. The binary triggers are still legal in a lot of states, but I'm not sure it would be a very good idea for you to go and post it on GunBroker or something like that. If law enforcement sees it for sale from a seller in Maryland, law enforcement can go and ask for a subpoena to GunBroker for your name and address. Then, you get to hire a criminal attorney to represent you. You might want to hire an attorney right now.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    FYI - on October 1, 2019, they are illegal for sure, barring some miracle with MSI's ongoing litigation on the matter. Don't think I read where there is a stay in place while the ruling is appealed. You should ask MSI about that.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    FYI - on October 1, 2019, they are illegal for sure, barring some miracle with MSI's ongoing litigation on the matter. Don't think I read where there is a stay in place while the ruling is appealed. You should ask MSI about that.

There is no stay in place. It is doubtful we will have a decision by Oct. 1, 2019, even if we win. If you own one of these "devices," and you have filed a letter with the ATF asking for "authorization", you have until Oct. 1, 2019 to move it out of the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom