• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Thanks for posting. I'm going to pick out a few of what I think are the worst bills and print and distribute. I ain't going down without a fight but I am only one man so I will keep it local.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    What would a good retort be on the stupid SB346? I’ve got Bill Ferguson on twitter back tracking on the bill he’s sponsored. Could use some more ammo against him in regards to self defense use of loaning a regulated firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What would a good retort be on the stupid SB346? I’ve got Bill Ferguson on twitter back tracking on the bill he’s sponsored. Could use some more ammo against him in regards to self defense use of loaning a regulated firearm.

Ask how many shootings have occurred by people borrowing a firearm from a legal owner.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Ask how many shootings have occurred by people borrowing a firearm from a legal owner.

That’s a good point. I’ll hit him in my next salvo. I already got him to backtrack and say that there would be amendments to the bill to allow for spousal and family exception. I also hit him already with the criminals don’t follow the laws and my freedom of whom I loan a gun to, isn’t the damn gov business angle as well per the second amendment. In the name of safety. Of course.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

They don’t care. Remember in 2013 when they were pushing the HQL to stop straw buyers and Smigiel asked how many cases they had over the past 10 years? I think the answer was 7.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    His inference to straw buyers was in his response to me last night. New year. Same old rhetoric

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    His inference to straw buyers was in his response to me last night. New year. Same old rhetoric

90% of guns used in crimes are STOLEN. Tired of their fake concerns.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

You don't even have to "loan" it. If anyone else can ever access your regulated firearms, say for example by way of just knowing the combo to the safe, and you heading off to the store by yourself, you both commit crimes. Google "constructive possession," then tell me it is safe to rely on enforcement discretion to stay out of prison.

Yes. This bill is that stupid. No exemption for spouses. Nothing.

Oh, and tell me how will the HQL be taught, since instructors generally charge for the class (thus not a "gratuitous" transfer where folks stay in the same place), or how anyone will ever be able to rent a handgun at a range?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You don't even have to "loan" it. If anyone else can ever access your regulated firearms, say for example by way of just knowing the combo to the safe, and you heading off to the store by yourself, you both commit crimes. Google "constructive possession," then tell me it is safe to rely on enforcement discretion to stay out of prison.

Yes. This bill is that stupid. No exemption for spouses. Nothing.

Oh, and tell me how will the HQL be taught, since instructors generally charge for the class (thus not a "gratuitous" transfer where folks stay in the same place), or how anyone will ever be able to rent a handgun at a range?

Been considering this from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom