• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I bought an old Marlin 336sc the other day from a guy I work with. I don't know much about old marlins but did some reading about them and found that this one is a 1950 "waffle top". I also learned that they weren,t drilled and tapped for scope bases until about 55-56'. So somebody along the way had drilled and tapped this one, I'm sure hurting its value. I got the gun really cheap though and it is in really good shape. What I was thinking about doing was putting a old Weaver or Redfield scope on it. I don't have any scopes on any of my other lever guns but I thought this might be a cool winter project. Where would any of you guys look for an older scope like this and what would you put on it. I never thought scopes belonged on lever guns but I'm going to give it a try on this one. Oh by the way it's chambered in 30-30.

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Friend-Let me look into some of the old scopes I have and I might be able to fix you up...have a few from the 70's in tip top shape that I am not using..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The obvious period correct choice would be a Steel Tube Weaver . They frequently turn up at gun shows, Gun List, and the Internet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom