• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Wow, thanks for posting press 1280!

Seems to me the odds favor a 5 - 4, if not a 6 - 3 win.

Yea!

Regards
    Jack

Stevens--against
    Thomas--for
    Breyer--squishy
    Alito--for
    Sotomayor--against
    Kagan--against
    Gorsuch--for
    Kavanaugh--on record that if a law exists for "long enough" it can't be challenged. He seems to regard two years as long enough
    Barrett--unknown. Her only 2A case was about restoration of existing rights, not expanding

So it's 3:3 with two probably nots and an unknown.

Jun 4, 2015
    If SCOTUS doesn't stop this BS now and if Biden is inaugurated, NYC gun control is coming to the USA. People in the rest of the country that actually have experienced freedom will not allow their guns to be taken. They will ignore gun control laws but if government agents come looking for them, I'll bet a significant percentage will open fire if first fired upon. No one wants that. Look at what NYPD does just based on a "tip".

The people who lack the balls to resist illegal orders to wear face panties when most states have zero enforcement, will get into shootouts with cops?

I think you mean, "They'll post memes on Facebook about how molon labe they back the blue, while the blue kick in their doors and they whimper and hand their guns over."

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    The people who lack the balls to resist illegal orders to wear face panties when most states have zero enforcement, will get into shootouts with cops?

I think you mean, "They'll post memes on Facebook about how molon labe they back the blue, while the blue kick in their doors and they whimper and hand their guns over."

How many in NY registered their rifles vs turned in their semi auto rifles because of the SAFE Act? I have seen estimates of 44,000 registered vs 900,000 unregistered and kept. If police start doing raids you think all of those people will allow themselves be sent to jail for merely exercising their 2nd amendment right for a product they bought legally? Some may beg for forgiveness but not all. If you are going to be sent to jail with no way to feed your family and not being able to get a job when you get out, at what point will a person say enough?

I don't think the mask analogy is apples to apples. For the most part, politicians are using businesses for enforcement. If they made it illegal to be out in public for anyone without a mask and a threat of a felony for non compliance, I'd bet you would see a more violent reaction from the public.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hard to believe how things have thus far turned out isn't it?

Frankly, because those places went complete retard on gun control, that is why they got slapped down.

Maryland has gone just mostly retard - and being in the 4CA doesn't help.

In some ways, I want Maryland to go beyond full retard - but I'll have to live with the stupidity until it gets slapped down...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Frankly, because those places went complete retard on gun control, that is why they got slapped down.

Maryland has gone just mostly retard - and being in the 4CA doesn't help.

In some ways, I want Maryland to go beyond full retard - but I'll have to live with the stupidity until it gets slapped down...

This is why we shouldn’t even bother opposing gun legislation. Go ahead, Atterbeary, put all your vapid notions in the bill. Pass it. Makes it easier to fight.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    This is why we shouldn’t even bother opposing gun legislation. Go ahead, Atterbeary, put all your vapid notions in the bill. Pass it. Makes it easier to fight.
    I've been saying this for awhile. Don't stop your enemy when they are making a mistake. Let them go for the whole shebang. It will force the courts to rule, or a more final result.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n, Inc. v. Corlett
    (N.Y. carry - pending in the SC)

Something positive this AM:

Paul Clement is counsel for the petitioners in this case (thanks to N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n, Inc. & the NRA). He stands out (magna *** laude Harvard Law and 100 Supreme Court cases, including Heller, argued) even among the elite.

For those who might think Mr. Clement may need help with the arguments , his email address is included below. *

Regards
    Jack

https://www.kirkland.com/lawyers/c/clement-paul-d
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Clement
    https://www.kirkland.com/news/in-the-news/2020/10/2020-mvp_paul-clement

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger