• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Interesting thought. (I know, I should practice that.) Banks and lenders are getting their money for almost "free", but I do not see the rates dropping much to the common folk.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    My girlfriend just looked into refinancing her house. The interest rate they could get her was so close to her original interest rate there was no point. The rates are changing multiple times a day and they could not promise what the rate would be at the time of closing. With the wild swings there was no way she was going to take that chance

If you enter an application and give me a target rate we lock when it shows up. If it doesn’t, no harm no foul. The rate market is a train wreck right now but good for those prepared and patient.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I sent you an email a couple of minutes ago. Wife brought it up (again) and asked if now was a good time. I think it is, looking forward to hearing from you!

-John

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I was under the impression banks were not doing any loans at this time. My construction loan was stopped cold. Was told they are not doing any lending at this time.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've been trying to get someone to call me back....no one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I was under the impression banks were not doing any loans at this time. My construction loan was stopped cold. Was told they are not doing any lending at this time.

Really? That seems crazy, especially if you already had started the process.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Closed yesterday, Ryan.

Thanks. Little money coming back soon I'd imagine. Better rate, seems best one going really. Always smooth with Ryan. Even when I'm the knucklehead, missing docs, etc Ryan is gracious. Thank you.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

From what I’ve read, it’s a few banks that are tightening qualifications. 700 credit score, at least 20% equity, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I need to do something soon. I talked to a few people (including Ryan) just before corona, then decided to wait a bit and see if rates went down any more. I’m currently @ 5.47% so I know I’m going to save tons when I decide to pull the trigger.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I need to do something soon. I talked to a few people (including Ryan) just before corona, then decided to wait a bit and see if rates went down any more. I’m currently @ 5.47% so I know I’m going to save tons when I decide to pull the trigger.

Don’t wait. Contact someone first thing Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Just closed on a 3.125% 30 year fixed a few weeks ago. Saved over $500 a month. Closing costs paid off with the monthly savings in only a few months. Only had the original loan the wife and I used to buy our place for a little over a year. Long enough for the house to appreciate over 30k. Basically perfect timing for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom