• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    I finally got into the 1911 game. Didn't want to go full tilt on my first one. Bought a ATI full size. I have fired one in the past but it was big heavy framed Kimber and had a hair trigger on it. I like the way the gun fit in my hand just didn't care for that type of trigger. I am a Glock fanboy. Would have liked to gone with a Colt but my wife would have killed me for something that will probably taken to the range a few times a year.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You don't have to buy a Kimber to have a good time. (And they aren't as great as they once were. I hear Colts aren't either.) Shoot it and enjoy it. I have a slightly older Colt but also have a RIA / Armscor. It's a fairly cheap gun but it shoots just fine.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    You don't have to buy a Kimber to have a good time. (And they aren't as great as they once were. I hear Colts aren't either.) Shoot it and enjoy it. I have a slightly older Colt but also have a RIA / Armscor. It's a fairly cheap gun but it shoots just fine.

I have a 1998 Colt Combat Commander and a 2012 Rock Island Tactical. Both are fine guns. The Rock Island shoots every bit as well as the Colt. I love'em both.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    As others have said... Rock Island makes a great 1911 for the price. I have 3 now and they are all great. The 9mm GI is really nice to shoot.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    ATI and Rock Island are both made by Armscor in the P.I.’s

Same factory, same casting process

You can’t go wrong with either one for a budget 1911. Metro Arms is another Phillipino 1911 made by SAM that shooters should consider.

All 3 are a good as a 1st Choice for a 1911A1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom