• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Fire mission

http://email.vervemail.com/ct/52538511:66jsImCjN:m:1:416200780:C7AFD116C1B88CDB4EF5BC2A13E909CB:r

Poll complete

Here are the results of our survey on guns.

Q1: As a Catholic, I support the Second Amendmnet.

Agree - 97.0%
    Disagree - 1.2%
    Not sure - 1.7%

Q2: We need changes to our current gun laws (like raising the age to buy a rifle to 21, or banning bump stocks) to make our schools safer.

Agree - 31.3%
    Disagree - 51.5%
    Not sure - 17.2%

Q3: We should focus on enforcing existing gun laws rather than pass new ones.

Agree - 87.3%
    Disagree - 5.9%
    Not sure - 6.7%

Q4: The debate over guns is a distraction from the more fundamental problems in our culture that are driving kids to violence, It's the culture, not the gun.

Agree - 94.6%
    Disagree - 3.4%
    Not sure - 2.0%

Q5: The only reason to own a gun is for hunting. There's no need for citizens to own guns if we have an armed police force.

Agree - 3.5%
    Disagree - 94.0%
    Not sure - 2.5%

Q6: Gun-free zones only invite danger by letting potential criminals know that everyone is disarmed.

Agree - 88.5%
    Disagree - 5.3%
    Not sure - 6.2%

Q7: In the long run and with few exceptions (i.e. police officers, military use) handguns should be eliminated from our society.

Agree - 3.5%
    Disagree - 93.1%
    Not sure - 3.4%

* This question is a direct quotation from footnote 36 in the U.S. bishops’ 2000 document “Responsibility, Rehabilitation, and Restoration: A Catholic Perspective on Crime and Criminal Justice.” But it’s not just a footnote. In their 1990 document “New Slavery, New Freedom: A Pastoral Message on Substance Abuse,” the U.S. Bishops said: “Furthermore, the widespread use of handguns and automatic weapons in connection with drug commerce reinforces our repeated ‘call for effective and courageous action to control handguns, leading to their eventual elimination from our society.’”

Last edited:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Done! My Jesuit education and Irish-Polish Catholic upbringing compelled me!

I hope the results are published.

Last edited:

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    thanks for bringing this poll to our attention. I felt that it was my duty as a Catholic to respond!

I wish that it told us the results though. They'll probably scrap the thing when they don't get the answers they want, and pretend that people like us don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom