• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Kinda wondering about that myself. Openly flaunting federal law...

Yup. Every once in a while the states get the cojones to use the 10th amendment and revolt against Federalism. They just don't specifically say they are invoking this last right in the Bill of Rights to the Constitution.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Personally I think part of the reason md went with mm was to make as many people prohibited as possible. The other reason is so members of the mga could reap profits from it.

Don't forget pot smoking lib votes.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Kinda wondering about that myself. Openly flaunting federal law... what's the difference if it's weed or illegal aliens? If the fed somehow gets the green light to withhold federal funds from states that provide sanctuary for illegal aliens, why not include states allowing folks to use illegal (under federal law) drugs?

Would this trigger another civil war? Would states secede from the union? Inquiring minds (at least one) wants to know.

Or, will the feds get tired of states not abiding by their laws but I'm not sure what they can do about that, am I correct in saying the feds withholding monies from sanctuary cities was deemed not legal??

Another thought, if MM card is reason for disarmament what are the other questions (4473) about being a habitual user of a controlled substance being used for? If someone is on a mental disorder drug for more than "X" months would that be habitual? The list of items that can disarm the populace may be utilized.

ICBWrong.

I asked my Dr. how to stop chewing my finger nails, he said Yoga or go shoot some old toilets.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Anyone catch the Drudge Headline where CNN was promoting MJ and lighting bongs? Any chance they could get their FCC license pulled. Seems like there would be a clear case. It wasn't like it was reporting news about underground drug use.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    MJ market is growing, investors are making profits that may eventually rival the drug that kills the most each year (alcohol) and therefore lobbying will move this market forward and maybe the laws .... maybe, we'll see ...
    Investor friends of mine are explaining incredible profits and now I, once again, can ride $300K+ horses that I do not own as proof of their success. I'm friggin shocked at the products/opportunities that are coming out and do truly believe in capitalism so.

good point..............

is someone who invests in MM, maybe even across state lines and owns a bullet in merryland, a potential felon..........................

Aiding and abetting is a legal doctrine related to the guilt of someone who aids or abets in the commission of a crime. It exists in a number of different countries and generally allows a court to pronounce someone guilty for aiding and abetting in a crime even if they are not the principal offender.

Attachments

• thinking.gif
      thinking.gif
      5.3 KB · Views: 247

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    good point..............

is someone who invests in MM, maybe even across state lines and owns a bullet in merryland, a potential felon..........................

Aiding and abetting is a legal doctrine related to the guilt of someone who aids or abets in the commission of a crime. It exists in a number of different countries and generally allows a court to pronounce someone guilty for aiding and abetting in a crime even if they are not the principal offender.

haha, another good joint ....

In a background check is ones Dr. conversations/prescriptions searched and read? I don't believe so but requiring a separate "card" issued by a state may be??? When applying for a card is the Dr.s request or prescription or even their signature needed? if so this may or may not be patient - Dr. confidentiality?

The Air Force did not report the church crazy guy to the national database and he was able to legally purchase ..... Will states (one's thumbing their noses at the feds as "sanctuaries") report MM card applicants (Applicants, Approved Applicants, Purchasers and "Bonafide users) to the Feds ?? I haven't seen anything on this yet. Is this database of Dr.s relations with patients in regards to MM able to be searched now that there is a Fed/State law discrepancy? or is this "card" thing a Swamp way around the Dr. / Patient thing?

One more question while I'm online: If I take my Win M70 in 7mm Remmag out Saturday @ 19 degrees will I see a grouping change over my summer shooting?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Or, will the feds get tired of states not abiding by their laws but I'm not sure what they can do about that, am I correct in saying the feds withholding monies from sanctuary cities was deemed not legal??

Another thought, if MM card is reason for disarmament what are the other questions (4473) about being a habitual user of a controlled substance being used for? If someone is on a mental disorder drug for more than "X" months would that be habitual? The list of items that can disarm the populace may be utilized.

ICBWrong.

I asked my Dr. how to stop chewing my finger nails, he said Yoga or go shoot some old toilets.

So, if the states are throwing a big "screw you" to the Fed with regards to sactuary cities and MM, why not continue the trend and throw a further FU and ignore MM as a prohibiting factor?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    haha, another good joint ....

In a background check is ones Dr. conversations/prescriptions searched and read? I don't believe so but requiring a separate "card" issued by a state may be??? When applying for a card is the Dr.s request or prescription or even their signature needed? if so this may or may not be patient - Dr. confidentiality?

The Air Force did not report the church crazy guy to the national database and he was able to legally purchase ..... Will states (one's thumbing their noses at the feds as "sanctuaries") report MM card applicants (Applicants, Approved Applicants, Purchasers and "Bonafide users) to the Feds ?? I haven't seen anything on this yet. Is this database of Dr.s relations with patients in regards to MM able to be searched now that there is a Fed/State law discrepancy? or is this "card" thing a Swamp way around the Dr. / Patient thing?

One more question while I'm online: If I take my Win M70 in 7mm Remmag out Saturday @ 19 degrees will I see a grouping change over my summer shooting?

See my question above, if they aren't then are those states then ignoring a NICS denial for MM and allowing firearms to be purchased?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So, if the states are throwing a big "screw you" to the Fed with regards to sactuary cities and MM, why not continue the trend and throw a further FU and ignore MM as a prohibiting factor?

Softball. Because the AG's office will not let an opportunity to restrict the 2A right of Marylanders go to waste.

If they gave two shits about federal law they would be enforcing fed immigration law and fed law concerning growers, processors and distributors of MM.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    MSP * Could* do that .

Random wild guessing on my part would be currentlt too time and manpower intensive to randomly match up MMJ and firearms . For people otherwise being investigated, probably will become routine check.

MMJ will get Disapproved for 77R , and W&C . Following up on failed 77R, on persons with previous 77R's would be on a more manageable scale .

I'm trying not to run afoul of MDS Commandment #1 , but I will observe that 99.9% of potential issues are caused by the CARDs .
    Doesn't really matter. As soon as you check yes on Fed form, transaction is over regardless of State form.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It may not matter, the party may be over.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    It may not matter, the party may be over.

Quote:
    Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

and hillary is still free ???????????????????

strange priorities

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Closed this one since we have a few similar ones and we have drifted way off the original post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom