• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My Spidey senses tell me there will be lots of new threads soon about how "The MSP took my guns for no reason, but I do have a MJ Card'.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    OK

lets face it, their goal is firearm restrictions by ordinary people in order to get rid of guns. MJ is just another opportunity to do this.

:sad20:

supply and demand ---- they believe if they can reduce demand for guns, the supply will go down

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Pa State Police put an announcement on their website about people with the new medical marijuana card will have to dispose of their firearms. The cards will be issued starting in 2018. They can not buy firearms, possess firearms or ammunition and can not get a CCW. So it will now be a Felony to have a gun and legal pot but still an unclassified Misdemeanor possession charge to own a gun and illegal pot. I don't do marijuana and still won't even if it's legal so this doesn't effect my life but it will make lots of future felons. Here is the web address.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Firearms-Information.aspx

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So you will never take your guns out of the safe and she will never take her MJ?

This will work, actually. People who live with felons can own firearms as long as the felon does not have ready access to the firearms. Walking by a prohibited person with a firearm does not make them in violation of the law.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    The Pa State Police put an announcement on their website about people with the new medical marijuana card will have to dispose of their firearms. The cards will be issued starting in 2018. They can not buy firearms, possess firearms or ammunition and can not get a CCW. So it will now be a Felony to have a gun and legal pot but still an unclassified Misdemeanor possession charge to own a gun and illegal pot. I don't do marijuana and still won't even if it's legal so this doesn't effect my life but it will make lots of future felons. Here is the web address.

read the attachment again
    http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...formation.aspx

possessing firearms or ammunition.

Likewise, the mere possession of a Medical Marijuana Card will give rise to an inference that you are an “unlawful user of or addicted to” a controlled substance, pursuant to 27 C.F.R. § 478.11.

SO... having the card and a 22 bullet is a felony - amazing

BTW - I don't do MJ, never did but it's gotta be safer than some of the over the counter by prescription cocaine products or the herbal or mushrooms or powders available thru the US post office from china

:sad20::sad20::mad54:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Trump said that for each new regulation at least 2 need to be removed. Prediction:

Bump stocks banned (new regulation).
    MJ removed from prohibited drugs (1 of at least 2 regulation to be removed)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I noticed that PSP references Federal law, but they don't reference PA law at all.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    My wife started getting sick to her stomach after lunch and she mentioned that maybe she should talk to her pain management doc about an MJ card. I told her no you don't want to do that, and I told her why. She said OK, I'll just keep going to the pharmacy behind the pharmacy. She says they make criminals out of all of us don't they?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Trump said that for each new regulation at least 2 need to be removed. Prediction:

Bump stocks banned (new regulation).
    MJ removed from prohibited drugs (1 of at least 2 regulation to be removed)

Removing MJ from prohibited drugs requires an Act of Congress ... that isn't blocked by the booze lobby ... good luck with that

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    That is federal law, I believe he was asking for state law, since MSP does not enforce federal law.

Since some questions on the MSP form 77 are asked because of federal firearms laws and you can be denied because you are in violation of those laws, it appears that they are enforcing federal law.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A felon who resides with you or who visits your home does not make you prohibited from owning/possessing firearms. You should however, take steps to ensure the felon does not have access to the firearms.

What I'm saying is that one cannot simply substitute recreational marijuana for medical marijuana. There are different variations of medical MJ used for different treatments.

Both of which are illegal under Federal law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    This will work, actually. People who live with felons can own firearms as long as the felon does not have ready access to the firearms. Walking by a prohibited person with a firearm does not make them in violation of the law.

Would a physician be a prohibited person for prescribing MJ? (dealer)
    Would a partner in a practice thar prescribes but he himself chooses not to prescribe - is he prohibited?
    Are all the employees of the MJ dispensary prohibited persons? (How deep does this go?)
    Are the banks of the dispensaries in violation of federal law?
    Are any person dealing with the dispensary be in violation of federal law that would make them prohibited? (Aiding and abetting)
    Can a power company provide services to a business that is violating a federal law?
    Can a government employees lose his security clearance if family members are users?

It just gets crazy - but Frosh will be gainfully employed.

The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder.
    Richard Daley

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    MJ market is growing, investors are making profits that may eventually rival the drug that kills the most each year (alcohol) and therefore lobbying will move this market forward and maybe the laws .... maybe, we'll see ...
    Investor friends of mine are explaining incredible profits and now I, once again, can ride $300K+ horses that I do not own as proof of their success. I'm friggin shocked at the products/opportunities that are coming out and do truly believe in capitalism so.

Another thought/aspect, are these states (including ours!) another form of "Sanctuary"? have the Feds had any success against sanctuary cities? ... stay tuned as this will be interesting either way $$$.

ICBWrong.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    MJ market is growing, investors are making profits that may eventually rival the drug that kills the most each year (alcohol) and therefore lobbying will move this market forward and maybe the laws .... maybe, we'll see ...
    Investor friends of mine are explaining incredible profits and now I, once again, can ride $300K+ horses that I do not own as proof of their success. I'm friggin shocked at the products/opportunities that are coming out and do truly believe in capitalism so.

Another thought/aspect, are these states (including ours!) another form of "Sanctuary"? have the Feds had any success against sanctuary cities? ... stay tuned as this will be interesting either way $$$.

ICBWrong.
    Kinda wondering about that myself. Openly flaunting federal law... what's the difference if it's weed or illegal aliens? If the fed somehow gets the green light to withhold federal funds from states that provide sanctuary for illegal aliens, why not include states allowing folks to use illegal (under federal law) drugs?

Would this trigger another civil war? Would states secede from the union? Inquiring minds (at least one) wants to know.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Personally I think part of the reason md went with mm was to make as many people prohibited as possible. The other reason is so members of the mga could reap profits from it. I don’t know how they split that money up but didn’t the growers, processors and distributors all get representatives to “ help them” with getting their licenses?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom