Attachments

• A Hunter's Lament.jpg
      A Hunter's Lament.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 288

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    O'Malley in 2013 played the card of " We will leave alone your shotguns and traditional spirting rifles, we're only after those handguns and Evil Rifles. " And in the inevitable We Told You So , they are back for all shotguns, all rifles, Plus all Muzzleloaders .

Not just O'Mao, who is now gone. Miller, Busch, Fr*sh, Dumais, and the entire Dem majority in MGA said that. The long term, ultimate goal is a gun-free, 2A nonexistent state, if it takes 100 years or more -- one lie, one incremental infringement at a time. That's been the plan for decades. That's been a tool of tyrants for centuries and of Marxists for the last 100 years. What's changed? Nothing.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'll just leave this here ...

Not just O'Mao, who is now gone. Miller, Busch, Fr*sh, Dumais, and the entire Dem majority in MGA said that. The long term, ultimate goal is a gun-free, 2A nonexistent state, if it takes 100 years or more -- one lie, one incremental infringement at a time. That's been the plan for decades. That's been a tool of tyrants for centuries and of Marxists for the last 100 years. What's changed? Nothing.

It was a 'modest bill' back in 3013 according to Comrade Miller ... AND, "in the future shotguns and rifles are not affected" ... hmmmm ?

Looking back, it's more like incremental gun control in the works.

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Under this bill would it be legal to take someone shooting and let them fire my rifle while I am there with them?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yes, but only "at a shooting range"

No, it mentions an exception for hunting as well. But that is it. So technically if you go shooting in your backyard with a friend they might not be able to borrow your firearm. It basically says it has to be hunting, or at a recognized range or clays facility. So busting some hand thrown clays on your 40 acres using your friend's shotgun would be a crime.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My other issue here is with the wording of the law that transfers must go through an FFL. If they at least left it open to transfers being able to be conducted through your local barracks for no fee or a minimal $5 fee I'd be slightly more okay with it. I mean, the language is terrible in respect to thinks like pointed out a post up, but permenant transfers I'd have slightly less issue (I said slightly less, I didn't say I'd be ok with it).

To me it pisses me off that if I want to buy an old beater single shot shotgun now I might have to pay an FFL $50 to transfer a $100 gun is outrageous.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It was a 'modest bill' back in 3013 according to Comrade Miller ... AND, "in the future shotguns and rifles are not affected" ... hmmmm ?

Looking back, it's more like incremental gun control in the works.

The man is a serial liar, con artist, and a co-conspirator with a power-hungry cabal that for decades has worked to implement a phased-in extermination of the 2A. Down-playing a single infringement and touting that others aren't part of the bill. Gimme a break. Can somebody please link Curran's 1990's era speech that provided part of their blueprint?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    There is also an exemption for transfer/use in your presence.

People are supposed to be placated by "exemptions" from draconian infringements on their rights?

That's like saying the government owns all your income, except for what you can prove you need for food, clothing, and shelter. Tanks 'fer nuttin'.

(Edit: That last remark is directed at them, not you.)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Seems a bit of a leap to get from 3k Facebook likes to representing 100k Marylanders. Does Alan think that if you hunt you must be a MHC person?

They include all hunters in their numbers, not just those that hunt with rifles and shotguns, but bow hunters as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Look what I unearthed from the DemocRATs 2016 legislative push for a long gun registry. At least Sen. John Astle got it back then. Let's hope he's maintained his sage and sane position in 2017.

I would encourage every 2A patriot to visit Senator Astle's office to glimpse his trophies he displays with pride, from birds to a fox, to a few different rugs.

He is indeed a hunter and a 2A advocate, and has yet (to my knowledge) vote in favor of any anti-2A bill).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Pointing out truthful exemptions in the bill does not equate to being OK with the bill or otherwise agreeing with it -- it's no less awful.
    Better to be able to fight it based on the facts within it, rather than having a snarky senator or delegate point it out.

Here's the link again for your reading displeasure
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2017RS/bills/sb/sb0948f.pdf

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• A Farewell To Arms - Curran.pdf
      728.5 KB · Views: 137

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I would encourage every 2A patriot to visit Senator Astle's office to glimpse his trophies he displays with pride, from birds to a fox, to a few different rugs.

He is indeed a hunter and a 2A advocate, and has yet (to my knowledge) vote in favor of any anti-2A bill).

Don't forget his 'Big Cat' still on display at Fegan's Taxidermy'

Attachments

• Astle Big Cat.jpg
      Astle Big Cat.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 228

Brianczaw

Oct 7, 2015
    Harford County, MD
    No, it mentions an exception for hunting as well. But that is it. So technically if you go shooting in your backyard with a friend they might not be able to borrow your firearm. It basically says it has to be hunting, or at a recognized range or clays facility. So busting some hand thrown clays on your 40 acres using your friend's shotgun would be a crime.

IF you don't expect that person you are lending your gun to-to go murder someone; then I think it would be legal for him to shoot your gun. Based on this part of the bill.
    THAT IS TEMPORARY, OCCURS UNDER CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH
    26 THE TRANSFEROR HAS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THE TRANSFEREE INTENDS TO
    27 USE THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IN THE COMMISSION OF A CRIME OR TO ALLOW
    28 ANOTHER PERSON TO USE THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN, AND TAKES PLACE
    29 EXCLUSIVELY:"

Of course I'm no lawyer or politician(and they don't even know what they are signing into law anyway)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My other issue here is with the wording of the law that transfers must go through an FFL. If they at least left it open to transfers being able to be conducted through your local barracks for no fee or a minimal $5 fee I'd be slightly more okay with it. I mean, the language is terrible in respect to thinks like pointed out a post up, but permenant transfers I'd have slightly less issue (I said slightly less, I didn't say I'd be ok with it).

To me it pisses me off that if I want to buy an old beater single shot shotgun now I might have to pay an FFL $50 to transfer a $100 gun is outrageous.

Be careful what you agree to! If a fee is imposed, what is there to stop them from raising it at any time in the future? Absolutely nothing! Never give the enemy anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom