• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I'm still malfunction free to date. Only about 200 rounds thru...slight cut (a scuff really) mark on my PMAG and I don't think it'll affect magazine life.

It's growing on me!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This is true .but in saying this there are platforms out there with tens of thousands of rounds with little to no failures. This combination in my mind has some time to go to show what it's made of.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    In fact, the PSA "hybrid" BCG is shaved down from an AR-15 bolt, including bolt lugs. I believe Wayne1One has a YT video comparing Mutant and KS-47 bolts and bolt carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    does anyone know of someone who has actually sent this rifle back to psa to "fix" the feeding issues it has? I am considering this as an alternative to selling the damn thing.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I just got shipping confirmation and a tracking number for a KS47 stripper lower. Was able to purchase a standard upper receiver with build kit on clearance. Will only have $437 plus transfer fee into a complete rifle.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I finally got to test my ks47 pistol build today and aside from a brief moment of user error it ran flawlessly. I didn't have any feeding issues. There is a lil rubbing on the feed lips on the mags but other than that no issues. I'm using a seekins muzzle break and it is loud and obnoxious which I love.

fba703d78bf1f9fafa4ed258a8c83851.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Noticed a few of these for sale lately. Was wondering if anyone had any follow up good or bad?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Noticed a few of these for sale lately. Was wondering if anyone had any follow up good or bad?

Still a fan of the platform. :thumbsup:

At current pricing, I think it's worth buying despite the mag issue. I'm interested in function and I haven't had one malfunction yet.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They had a sale with 1 rifle and a glockl 43 for 899.00. Looking at the price of the glock is around 400.00 so I'd say 500.00 ish ??? If you do there deal .

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Got one of these the other day in a trade deal...new, in the box, unfired.

One thing I failed to research beforehand was where and what ammo to buy for indoor range use...:o

Free state allows steel cased, but it has to be lead core, and not bimetal jacketed or steel core.

The more I searched around today, the more frustrated I got....Freestate had some I could buy and shoot there, but for a buck a round, I chose to skip shooting it today.

I may shoot outdoors once a year, so I could use some help in the form of suggestions on what brand ammo fits the bill, for INDOORS, and where to get it.

The cheapest I found today was like 32 cents a round for fmj poly coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom