• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Same here. Hell, I'd have a hard time spending $100. It tells me the time on my phone :innocent0

Each person has to determine what value they will put in a given item. But this is a gun forum, and Hi-point will 9mm the same as Glock for a 1/4 of the price of glock. I am not buying a Hi-Point Regardless of how reliable it is.

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    I know, I know....only reason I'm considering it is I wear business suits in my line of work. I regret to say that "image" is important to some folks (forum members excluded, I'm talking about potential clients.)

There are numerous affordable automatic dress watches in the 300-500 range. In that price point you can find high quality quartz movements all day.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    My omega would look good on your wrist.

That is a beautiful watch and I agree it would make me beautiful (okay, maybe you didn't write that). But as someone just pointed out, it's a gun forum and I will allocate my resources to that. I got in on the Lou RIA 1911. And then I'm thinking about a sub-compact.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    That is a beautiful watch and I agree it would make me beautiful (okay, maybe you didn't write that). But as someone just pointed out, it's a gun forum and I will allocate my resources to that. I got in on the Lou RIA 1911. And then I'm thinking about a sub-compact.
    Well, you buying this watch would allow me to complete my AR build. So it's a win win in the gun forum

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Each person has to determine what value they will put in a given item. But this is a gun forum, and Hi-point will 9mm the same as Glock for a 1/4 of the price of glock. I am not buying a Hi-Point Regardless of how reliable it is.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    There are numerous affordable automatic dress watches in the 300-500 range. In that price point you can find high quality quartz movements all day.

Yup.

You can get a lot of different Hamilton offerings in that price range with good auto movements as well. Something from the Jazzmaster or American Classic lines would work well for an elegant but understated dress watch.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Yup.

You can get a lot of different Hamilton offerings in that price range with good auto movements as well. Something from the Jazzmaster or American Classic lines would work well for an elegant but understated dress watch.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take a look.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Hey! They are a well regarded brand with a large following. Which of their watches do you have? There is a ton of talk about them on Watchuseek.com. Which model do you have? Automatic or quartz?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have the C4 -Battle of Britain Memorial Flight timepiece. They made 100 of them for the pilots flying in the Memorial Flight. Somehow one of my wife's relatives (she's a Brit) found one and thought I would like it. Its pretty high quality and I like it but I don't wear watches so it sits in my drawer gathering dust.

Looks like they don't sell the C4 anymore. I think in 2011 they were pretty much a small time manufacturer. I remember looking up the watches and none of them were over $400. Now it looks like they have gotten popular with their models being well over $1k.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    DSC_7069.jpg

I like how the hands have the queen's crown on them. The detail of the watch is nice.

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    DSC_7069.jpg

I like how the hands have the queen's crown on them. The detail of the watch is nice.

Nice watch. I like the utilitarian/pilot/chrono look, with the strap. Man I would put that one in a regular wrist rotation.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I know I posted a pic of my Invicta 9937 Pro Diver earlier in the thread, but this is a pic I took just a few minutes ago, and this has the new bezel insert plus the refreshed brushing on the bracelet, although I did that a couple of months ago, so it has a few new scratches on it. No worries though - if it ever gets as ugly as it was before I brushed it, I can just Scotch Brite it again and it will look good as new.

Not too shabby for a watch that's been a daily wear watch for the better part of 7 years.

90805B38-9EE9-4E12-98DE-5B3A89589F0C_zpsmarunxfu.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I had to laugh. Since I bought a watch from worldofwatches.com, they email me almost every day. Today they sent me an email and advertised their financing. I wonder what kind of financial condition I would have to be in to decide that financing a watch is a good idea.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    I had to laugh. Since I bought a watch from worldofwatches.com, they email me almost every day. Today they sent me an email and advertised their financing. I wonder what kind of financial condition I would have to be in to decide that financing a watch is a good idea.

Not saying I do it, but people finance $50000 trucks for 7 years that depreciate much more than a fine watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom