I'm on the 'old stand by now, at least until I get my precious back:cool:
    Gullum....
    IMG_0151.jpg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Shaking the dog hair off of my shorts, after playing with my dog. I didn't take the belt off prior to shaking them, and the buckle swung around flat onto the face of my watch. Absolutely horrified. Took it to the jewelers the day after. They said it would be 6-8 weeks before I get it back from Rolex of Dallas.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I've been rocking this since April.

<3

Threw it on my Kohl's charge, lol.

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

<3

I have that one and the one that is anodized black, instead of being silver. The all black one has seen some serious "combat" damage, because I never take it off. I need to get my hands on a rechargeable battery for it, and it'll be as good as new. First battery change in 9 years for it, after going though 4 wrist straps...

I love the G-Shock's because I can't destroy them!!!!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Kinda surprised it didn't figure out DST automatically. It was an hour ahead all day yesterday. Time zone is set correctly. I had the "auto" setting selected. Had to turn it to "off".

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

<3

I have two of those - one that I got for me that is just like yours with the silver accents, and one that's all black that I got for my son, but that he stopped wearing. Oddly enough, the lithium power cell on his went out and I couldn't get it to hold a charge, so I replaced it on my own. The most difficult part is getting ahold of the lithium cell - I bought mine at a watch shop, but otherwise it has to be ordered, and I paid something like $30 for it.

This is what I'm currently rocking - I got this for my birthday this year. What I like about it is that it is always right on the money for time - it's atomic, so checks/resets daily. DST? When I put it on my wrist yesterday morning, it had already switched on its own. I took this pic about 2 minutes ago. :D I wanted the model with the blue accents, but I got a killer deal on this at a local jewelry store, so I went with it. Besides, there's that whole bit about whether or not you can tell on a galloping horse and all, so the fact that this has 3 tiny little red accents rather than blue doesn't really matter much.

6AE76F13-87CE-4372-82D9-D4FC56893060_zpsoxzhmasm.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Those look pretty badass.

That said, the movement that they use is fairly standard, and you can get the same one in a $350 Hamilton. I still wouldn't kick one of those Rescos out of bed for eating crackers, though.

That's kind of what I thought too. I mean it's a nice watch I am sure but a $2K price tag for a standard submariner type watch with a $200 movement. There's a lot out there for that kind of money that offers one heck of a lot more, IMHO. Just my .02. :)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That's kind of what I thought too. I mean it's a nice watch I am sure but a $2K price tag for a standard submariner type watch with a $200 movement. There's a lot out there for that kind of money that offers one heck of a lot more, IMHO. Just my .02. :)
    The movement is basically the same as the Eta 2824 or the Selita SW 200, which is the movement in my Invicta Pro Diver. (Submariner clone)

I've got no complaints with my Invicta. If I knew then what I know now about Invicta's reputation I'd never have gotten it, but it has been on my wrist for most days since I got it 7 years ago up until getting my new Citizen this summer. It has been a very reliable timepiece, and I've gotten a lot of compliments from folks who thought it was a Submariner at a glance.

I replaced the bezel insert this summer with one that looks a lot more like a real Sub's bezel, and I dressed the bracelet with a green Scotchbrite pad, making it look virtually new. This pic was taken before those changes.

20150115_133023_zpstdfreguj.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Mine is set to auto. Did you input your correct location?

Yup.

It seems to be unable to receive the sync signal from CO at the moment. Hasn't sync'd since 10/28, apparently.

Trying to manually tell it to sync is giving me an error.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My G-Shock didn't auto correct either but it has been syncing with Ft. Collins just fine.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The movement is basically the same as the Eta 2824 or the Selita SW 200, which is the movement in my Invicta Pro Diver. (Submariner clone)

I've got no complaints with my Invicta. If I knew then what I know now about Invicta's reputation I'd never have gotten it, but it has been on my wrist for most days since I got it 7 years ago up until getting my new Citizen this summer. It has been a very reliable timepiece, and I've gotten a lot of compliments from folks who thought it was a Submariner at a glance.

I replaced the bezel insert this summer with one that looks a lot more like a real Sub's bezel, and I dressed the bracelet with a green Scotchbrite pad, making it look virtually new. This pic was taken before those changes.

Nice watch! One of the rare Swiss auto submariners I see!

As far as their reputation, I don't think its deserved. I have owned well over a hundred, probably well over 200, Invictas since they first started up here circa 1999. Starting with one of their first Submariners with the old Miyota 21 jewel movement. I have had very few problems with any of them.

At this point I think they are so large that they are able to use economy of scale to buy good components with good QA/QC cheaper than most makers. Most of their standard autos now use TMI (Seiko) NH35A movements which are a very good Asian hacking-capable movement. Most of the people I hear bitching about Invictas on the watch forums are fans of other brands or watch snobs who have never owned one.

The chrono I am wearing right now. Difficult to find something like this for a hundred bucks elsewhere!

Attachments

• inv blue.jpg
      inv blue.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 373

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom