• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    IMG_20120225_151816.jpg

The three folders I usually use (the Boy cut troop I was in didn't let you have a fixed blade so I just never got around to buying one). I got some fencing sticks and long blades somewhere..... (I guess I'll have to look for my pizzaro longsword and my 43" rapier blade)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here's a few more of my stone knives both ancient and modern.

I found these two knife blades in Southern Maryland. The Native Americans made them thousands of years ago from quartz pebbles which are common in the area.
    IMG_0975.JPG

Here's a few ancient North American hafted knives mostly found in Indiana and all the states around Indiana. They date back to the Early Archaic period which was 7,000 - 10,000 years ago. All would have had some type of handle attached to them probably made from wood, bone, or antler but they have long ago rotted away. The one marked "cast" is a plastic cast copy of an authentic knife. I made the one marked "reproduction". It can be very hard for collectors to tell the difference between authentic artifacts and modern made fakes and sometimes a microscope and even a chemical analysis is required. Almost all of these have been used and resharpened in ancient times creating serrations and a slight bevel near the edge.
    IMG_0977.jpg

Here's some of my modern made stone and glass knives and tools, I made the 4 on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.JPG
      IMG_0973.JPG
      81.5 KB · Views: 1,426

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Here is one of my formal aikuchi tanto that I really love by American smith Randal Graham. It has a 13" cutting edge and is very finely tapered in all axes of length, width and thickness, forged in W1 tool and die steel, water-quenched & differentially tempered and fully fingerstone-polished before mounting in plum-stained honoki with water buffalo horn caps, hooks and inlays and a silk sageo. It is sticky sharp and feels like you could drive it through an oak desk( though I'll never try :) ).

The green tanto was made by another American smith, Scott Slobodian, but sold right before I put the money together to buy it and I've been questing after it ever since.

The auto is a Benchmade ATS-34 model 1000 which has served particularly well.

Attachments

• RGaikuchi.jpg
      RGaikuchi.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 1,523
    • Image0015.jpg
      Image0015.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 1,402
    • Image0016.jpg
      Image0016.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 1,507
    • slobodiantanto.JPG
      slobodiantanto.JPG
      38.7 KB · Views: 1,417
    • bm1000.jpg
      bm1000.jpg
      8 KB · Views: 1,394

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here's some scary looking "evil automatic assault switchblades".
    Unfortunately this entire collection was lost forever late last year in a horrible boating accident in the Bay along with a whole bunch of guns. May they rust in peace.:sad20:

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
      IMG_0978.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 1,409

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Ill KICK it OFF.

Starting from the 2nd pick.

Pair of Bark River Bravo 1

3rd pick

Blind horse knives - Bushcrafter & woodsman

4th pick left to right
    Esee Izula
    Esee Izula II
    Esee Hest
    Esee 3
    Esee 4
    Esee 5
    Esee junglas

5th pick left to right
    Kabar extreem DII
    Sog Seal seki japan
    Kabar/Becker BK2
    Gerber LMF
    Tops Knives Cochise
    Cold Steel SRK Carbon V

6th pick left to right

Black hawk Kalista
    Fallkniven WM1
    Fallkniven F1 Custom scales
    Martin Knife Field Grat BT bush Tec
    SOG Seal Pup
    Case XX Skiner

SHOW US YOUR COLLECTION :party29:

You Know You Really Should Start Collecting Knives, I don't think You Have Enough.....:lol2:

FnsweetS3

Pro Whack-a-mole chanpion
    Dec 8, 2011
    Taneytown
    Here is my Emerson. I wanted to chech to see how durable Duracoat is. So I figure what gets the most use..... and sprayed my knife. It is Daniel Defense FDE and was sprayed 4 months ago. It is carried everyday... in all kids of environments.

Attachments

• Emerson.jpg
      Emerson.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 1,335

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Here is my latest Blind Horse Knife.

Jan12_Woodsman.jpg

Woodsman - Feb '12 Monthly special. It is scary sharp and just about perfect in the hand.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here's a few assorted military knives and bayonets both old and new.
    All have their original sheaths(not shown).

Attachments

• IMG_0981.JPG
      IMG_0981.JPG
      143.2 KB · Views: 1,244

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    Here is one of my formal aikuchi tanto that I really love by American smith Randal Graham. It has a 13" cutting edge and is very finely tapered in all axes of length, width and thickness, forged in W1 tool and die steel, water-quenched & differentially tempered and fully fingerstone-polished before mounting in plum-stained honoki with water buffalo horn caps, hooks and inlays and a silk sageo. It is sticky sharp and feels like you could drive it through an oak desk( though I'll never try :) ).

The green tanto was made by another American smith, Scott Slobodian, but sold right before I put the money together to buy it and I've been questing after it ever since.

The auto is a Benchmade ATS-34 model 1000 which has served particularly well.

very nice:thumbsup:

any links on where i can find something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom