What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I stared at my bench wishing it was 4 Years ago.

What you don't want to pay scalpers $180 for a box of primers, sit online 24/7 waiting for a primer drop or google how to make corrosive homemade primers?

Joking of course, but lesson learned is always have a years supply of components if possible. I, in my infinite wisdom, have somehow picked up 3 new calibers to load during this mess. Searching for reloading dies on top of components turns into a part time job real quick!

missedthebarn

Jan 1, 2021
    Made some 9mm 125 grain casts. Filled up an empty Xtreme box to the brim with them

0c929e45226a6ab47a7322a0007dd356.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I think I found a couple rounds of yours at AGC today.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Measure twice. Cut once.

If your memory is like mine,... it's measure once, write it down, then cut once using the measurement on the paper. That is provided I have not misplaced the paper!
    Not quite that bad, but does seem to be more of a problem as each year passes.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Words I have lived by and suggested to many a person. 40 years in the construction business this year.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing a pro's bench!

If your memory is like mine,... it's measure once, write it down, then cut once using the measurement on the paper. That is provided I have not misplaced the paper!
    Not quite that bad, but does seem to be more of a problem as each year passes.

For me, it's usually eyesight that needs checking. :ohnoes: My method these days involves a sequence of measure-squint activities before the cut.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I accidently powder coated a couple hundred bullets w/o putting a gas check on them. Per the suggestion of another, I put the gas checks on BEFORE powder coating cause after, they are a Beyatch to get on and have to pound them one by one with hammer to get on. Powder coating before does cause some rejects cause they can come off or partially get crooked when swirling and I pick those out and fix or toss aside when placing into oven.
    These I will did a "fat" batch with a thicker coating which comes to .316 coated.
    Well, I took some 8mm gas checks and sized to .314 for Argentine Mauser, then took some of those to size to .311 for the Mosin where I'll compare to normal ones.
    8mm gas checks are too big to size directly to .314 (I tried one) and the GC gets deformed and very hard to pull. starting at .314 then .311 seems fine.

I sized up several hundred .45 SWC before leaving for work this morning.

I have more PC bullets to size but I'll save that for when I am working from home and have to listen to a Zoom call that I really dont' have to participate in but just listen in on. (have several of those per week).

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Awesome. I look forward to seeing a pro's bench!

For me, it's usually eyesight that needs checking. :ohnoes: My method these days involves a sequence of measure-squint activities before the cut.

Memory and eyesight both add to my exciting home building project challenges!
    Step one best location for the bench, Done
    Step two
    Add brighter ceiling bulbs and two directional lamps... now were did I put the new bulbs... that was an actual part of the build yesterday.
    When done I will post photos

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What is that swager mounted to? I ask, because I have one on the way and was planning on putting it on to an Inline Fabrication quick mount plate.
    The swager is mounted to a custom automation frame, which has the Dillon 550 pattern. The actual Inline Fab QD mount on the bench is the flat one with the spacer, which I highly recommend if you have a bench that is stabilized against the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom