• ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    RIP to the rights of the nz folks. I get that they need to say they did something, but banning certain guns is not how you stop terrorism. Now a $400 psa ar will skyrocket in price on the black market in nz.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The point of the article is that New Zealand's firearms owners Will Not Comply. Also demonstrates how NZ's failure to register these guns is making confiscation difficult.

Kiwis showing true grit. Good on them!

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Also demonstrates how NZ's failure to register these guns is making confiscation difficult.
    But, but, but ... registration of legally owned firearms is necessary to (somehow) keep firearms away from bad guys, right? Registration information would never be used to assist a tyrannical government with confiscation efforts ... right?
    Kiwis showing true grit. Good on them!
    Bully for them!

Cyndi59

As a New Zealand resident and U.S. citizen..I was barred from importing my weapons to N.Z. in 2011.Good thing I leave them here in trusted hands.I would not turn in jack sh!t to the Crown..and Jacinta Ardern can kiss my Yank a**.Was stated that they had so much time to turn in their semi- or face 5 years in jail.."Welcome to the Home of the New Devil's Island".They already want to ban smoking by 2025.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    RIP to the rights of the nz folks. I get that they need to say they did something, but banning certain guns is not how you stop terrorism. Now a $400 psa ar will skyrocket in price on the black market in nz.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, just like our country, instead of increasing penalties for people using firearms for crimes, they went straight to, and succeeded in enacting, a confiscation. I don't know NZs legal system but hopefully they have a supreme court they can use to knock this down. Regardless, it's a great example of what would happen here...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They're now claiming 3,275 firearms turned in ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/new...s-and-weapons-parts-in-buy-back-scheme-2019-7

More than 2,000 people have surrendered 3,275 firearms, 7,827 parts and accessories and in return authorities have paid them slightly more than NZ$6 million ($4.06 million) since the buy-back began last Saturday, a police spokesperson told Reuters by telephone on Sunday.

Eta: because they don't break down the payment for parts and firearms separately, it translates to about $370 per item.

Last edited:

Cyndi59

Unfortunately, just like our country, instead of increasing penalties for people using firearms for crimes, they went straight to, and succeeded in enacting, a confiscation. I don't know NZs legal system but hopefully they have a supreme court they can use to knock this down. Regardless, it's a great example of what would happen here...
    New Zealand does not have anything remotely to 2A rights..it's up to the Crown and the police there are a bunch of Bloomturds.You had to have three referees (three people to submit documentation of your mental status) and a few other hoops to jump thru..but since the shooting (IMO)looked fake and staged as I have a clean and sharp copy of this event.The Crown will do whatever is needed to have the sheep bow to the Queen.Since this was a stab at law abiding citizens and not criminals most Kiwi's thumb their noses at the Crown and the very tiny amount turned them in.I don't see many that will turn them in and I'm sure the news outlets will soon be showing storm troopers kicking in doors on tv.N.Z. with their assault weapons at the ready as the laws there are not like U.S. .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Claiming events like this are staged hurt our cause and make us sound like nuts. Nothing has to be staged for gun control advocates to take ruthless advantage of tragedies.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I'm 100% certain these results are not only expected by the authorities, but also anticipated. This is exactly what they want. The ultra sheep are turning in their weapons, but it's relatively low numbers. This saves the government money. The other side of the confiscation is prohibition. Those who don't turn them in can no longer use them (legally). This effectively gets rid of the guns at no cost to the government. Anyone caught with a gun will be arrested and their property taken away. Same result as the "buy back" with no cost. It's no different than the myriad stupid laws passed here.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Claiming events like this are staged hurt our cause and make us sound like nuts. Nothing has to be staged for gun control advocates to take ruthless advantage of tragedies.

IIRC, the perpetrator of the recent NZ slaughter indicated in his facebook posts that he was doing this deliberately, in order to force the US into a gun ban.

That sounds like "staging" to me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    IIRC, the perpetrator of the recent NZ slaughter indicated in his facebook posts that he was doing this deliberately, in order to force the US into a gun ban.

That sounds like "staging" to me.

I doubt that’s what he meant by him thinking the events were staged. He had a political goal in mind, driving sharper political divisions as well as killing Muslims and attempting to incite others to do the same. That makes him a terrorist.

Often people throw around staged to mean that the government funded and set it up or it was “paid actors” and no one actually died.

From what you are saying, your definition, sure staged. By the definition most people use, it wasn’t. Otherwise every terrorist action is “staged”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom