• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    So engage armament in rockville just got word back a few days ago that the Aresenal slr104-31/ak74 type rifle is cleared by msp for purchase. They've got some in now too. But wouldn't that mean that the 74 variant as a whole is legal? or just that specific rifle?

15780911_1286623814730054_8888789600822092096_n.jpg

thumbert

Mar 23, 2015
    SOMD
    You're a few days late on this. But don't rock the boat just yet....i.e. Sig brace. Let some people get them in their safes.

Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    Well I understand the ruling came out a few days ago on the slr104-31. My question is, does this mean that other brands of the 74 type rifle are good to go. Like If I wanted to order an AK74 from atlantic that's a little more affordable, are those still good? Wouldn't they be considered copycats of the SLR104?

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    How many threads are there on this now? Lol
    And no other FFL will test the water with any other 74 Variant. At lest I don't think.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well I understand the ruling came out a few days ago on the slr104-31. My question is, does this mean that other brands of the 74 type rifle are good to go. Like If I wanted to order an AK74 from atlantic that's a little more affordable, are those still good? Wouldn't they be considered copycats of the SLR104?

The best thing is to go to Atlantic and see what they will sell you. No one will push the boundaries on this one. It does not mean other brands are GTG.

Warwolvesinspace

Hoarder of Shinies
    Oct 2, 2016
    ONLY the SLR104FR is legal atm. When I picked mine up, the gents at engage told me they (being maryland gun owners) have to fight for legality one model at a time. Like how the galil ace was legal, then it was not because MSP is claiming its a copycat. Well now it has to be proven to not be a copycat. Can't wait to get out of this state. It's impossible to find 30rd ak74 mags and cz scorpion mags. :/

Feb 28, 2013

When the MSP has been givin' the okay fer certain guns, it's been by specific model only.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Sorry for the ignorant question. Does a perspective buyer need an HQL or is the SLR104-31 a cash and carry purchase?

Last edited:

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I just heard about a few AK models being legal yesterday. I am super excited because I had given up on getting one as long as I live in MD. Since the m90s are apparently discontinued currently I am looking forward to hearing if anyone gets a dealer to sell them an Arsenal 5.45

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    I just heard about a few AK models being legal yesterday. I am super excited because I had given up on getting one as long as I live in MD. Since the m90s are apparently discontinued currently I am looking forward to hearing if anyone gets a dealer to sell them an Arsenal 5.45[/QUOTE

What other models?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I want to know where the line in the sand is drawn. What about Yugo or Chinese AK style rifles where the receivers have different Rivet patterns than a real Russian Kalashnikov? If the receivers aren't compatible doesn't that effectively make them not copycats using the MSP criteria?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I just heard about a few AK models being legal yesterday. I am super excited because I had given up on getting one as long as I live in MD. Since the m90s are apparently discontinued currently I am looking forward to hearing if anyone gets a dealer to sell them an Arsenal 5.45
    I plunked down the cash for an Arsenal 5.45 (the SLR104-31 that was approved by MSP) last week at 2A Sales and Supplies. They didn't have any in stock at the time, so I have to wait until late this week to pick it up.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I am heartened to see that the powers to be in Pikesville have actually issued a determination based upon interpretation of the regulations passed by the legislature. Perhaps that's the real effect of a change in the governor's office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom