• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Background::
    Forgive this yet another neubie question that im sure many see many places BUT I have gotten conflicting/confusing replies to a few answers I seek and have looked online ..in this website and asked personnel in stores including On Target. Hopefully this will end this over 2 month search of mine once and for all times....

Question::
    ==
    Do I need to have a HQL license as a resident of Md to purchase handguns that are NOT on the restricted/ban list? <One assumes yes but is the answer yes?>
    ==
    Are handguns that do hold more than 10 cartridges and no manufacture makes a 10 cartridge magazine for said pistol still available to be bought and owned by a Md. resident ?
    ==
    As on long guns ..example AR15 with 10 and 20 and larger magazines availabe. Can a Md resident own any handgun that does have 10 rounds but also expanded magazines and can said expanded magazines be loaded and fired in a Md range? Example would be G19 with 10 and larger count magazines or Springfield XD mod 2

I thank you now for helping me end the confusion of mine for any and all replies

Ed

Background::
    Forgive this yet another neubie question that im sure many see many places BUT I have gotten conflicting/confusing replies to a few answers I seek and have looked online ..in this website and asked personnel in stores including On Target. Hopefully this will end this over 2 month search of mine once and for all times....

Question::
    ==
    Do I need to have a HQL license as a resident of Md to purchase handguns that are NOT on the restricted/ban list? <One assumes yes but is the answer yes?> YES
    ==
    Are handguns that do hold more than 10 cartridges and no manufacture makes a 10 cartridge magazine for said pistol still available to be bought and owned by a Md. resident ? As long as a magazine over 10rds does not change hands in Maryland. No law against having them- just can't buy, sell, trade, give away, etc. within the state
    ==
    As on long guns ..example AR15 with 10 and 20 and larger magazines availabe. Can a Md resident own any handgun that does have 10 rounds but also expanded magazines and can said expanded magazines be loaded and fired in a Md range? Example would be G19 with 10 and larger count magazines or Springfield XD mod 2 See above about mags, AR15's get a little more confusing.

I thank you now for helping me end the confusion of mine for any and all replies

Ed

See my responses in red above.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Are handguns that do hold more than 10 cartridges and no manufacture makes a 10 cartridge magazine for said pistol still available to be bought and owned by a Md. resident ?
    ==

If there is not 10 mag available, a Maryland dealer may pin the mag or they may not stock the gun at all.

The big box stores and online dealers out of state frequently will not sell a handgun that fits your description to nor will they ship handguns without magazines if they are greater than 10 rounds to a MD resident. That is not 100% the case, the key word is frequently. It is legal for your FFL to receive >10 round mags. Most don't understand or want to take the time to understand illogical MD laws, so no sale is common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom