• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Nothing to see here, except the big MSP shield. That's what they wanted you to see...

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I would love one of our legislators to write a bill for a common sense gun law. Since we have the HQL, handguns should require no more than a nics with no waiting period.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The waiting period took all of the fun out of gun shows. If regulated (no read handgun) you HAVE to make a trip to the dealer to take possession (even if that dealer is hours away from you).... so what's the point of going to a gun show other than mass window shopping?

rrankin

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    I have always felt that if you have an HQL there should not be a need for a waiting period just run a NIC check and then you be able to take it with you

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I have always felt that if you have an HQL there should not be a need for a waiting period just run a NIC check and then you be able to take it with you

I feel the same way about anyone with a CCW...

And so does the State of WVa. CCW holders living there do not wait... Go in, buy, show CCW Permit, leave with pistol...

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I feel the same way about anyone with a CCW...

And so does the State of WVa. CCW holders living there do not wait... Go in, buy, show CCW Permit, leave with pistol...

That is exactly how it is for my brother in Texas. He can't believe it when I tell him about how it long it is taking me to get the gun that I purchased on Jan.2. The training for the HQL here would basically qualify you for CCW there.

GymRatz

Ultimate Member
    Sep 14, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Bulletins are the are a service of the Maryland State Police. The content of this document is for OFFICIAL USE ONLY. Any request
    for disclosure of this document or the information contained herein should be referred to either the originator of the bulletin, or the
    Maryland State Police, Licensing Division, 410.653.4500.
    UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
    MARYLAND STATE POLICE
    Maryland Department of State Police / Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, Maryland
    Office: (410) 653.4500 / Fax: (410) 653.4036
    ADVISORY
    LD-FRU-16-001
    December 16, 2016
    Firearms Safety Act Compliance
    It has come to the attention of the Maryland State Police, Licensing Division, through a criminal investigation, that a licensee sold an assault long gun to a Maryland resident. The assault long gun also met the definition of a copycat weapon. As a result, the Maryland State Police, Firearms Registration Unit, is providing this Advisory to assist Federal Firearms Licensees and Regulated Firearms Dealers to ensure compliance with the Firearms Safety Act of 2013.
    The Maryland State Police has made available to the public its listing of banned firearms, copycat weapons and those firearms that have been reviewed by the Department. To view the list and to obtain more information regarding the list, please visit us at http://mdsp.maryland.gov, click on Licensing Division, and click Firearm Search.
    The Maryland State Police Firearms Registration Unit will not require an individual to complete an Application to Purchase a Regulated Firearm (77R) for a reproduction or imitation of a firearm that is only cosmetically similar to a specifically enumerated assault weapon, as defined in Public Safety Article, § 5-101(r)(2). The individual will have to comply with all Federal Regulations regarding the purchase of firearms.
    An individual will be required to comply with Maryland’s Regulations for a firearm that is:
    1) a reproduction or imitation of a firearm that is cosmetically similar to a specifically enumerated assault weapon, as defined in Public Safety Article, § 5-101(r)(2) and;
    2) has completely interchangeable internal components necessary for the full operation and function of any one of the specifically enumerated assault weapons, as defined in Public Safety Article, § 5-101(r)(2).
    Alert Bulletins are the are a service of the Maryland State Police. The content of this document is for OFFICIAL USE ONLY. Any request
    for disclosure of this document or the information contained herein should be referred to either the originator of the bulletin, or the
    Maryland State Police, Licensing Division, 410.653.4500.
    MARYLAND STATE POLICE
    Maryland Criminal Law Article
    § 4-301(e) Copycat weapon. -- (1) "Copycat weapon" means: (i) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the following: 1. a folding stock; 2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or 3. a flash suppressor; (ii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds; (iii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches; (iv) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds; (v) a semiautomatic shotgun that has a folding stock; or (vi) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    If you have any questions regarding this Advisory, please contact the Licensing Division at 410-653-4500.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The waiting period took all of the fun out of gun shows. If regulated (no read handgun) you HAVE to make a trip to the dealer to take possession (even if that dealer is hours away from you).... so what's the point of going to a gun show other than mass window shopping?

Simple go to show. Find 2 gun dealers. 1 close to you that doesn't have the gun you want and 1 that does. Find price of gun and A.) Buy and have it transferred to closer dealer and start paperwork and 7 day wait. B.) Ask closer dealer to price match or hopefully beat dealer 2.

Helps a LOT if you have CASH and HQL in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom