• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.Dasher

Mar 14, 2012
    Hello All,
    John just completed a full custom 1911 in 38 Super for me.The craftsmanship is beyond excellent as all of Johns work is.The customer service part of the build was outstanding,several sit down meetings,before any work began, to discuss options and recommendations,and several meetings during the course of the build to discuss progress and various options at that point.It is nice to talk to the person doing the actual job at hand and getting real feedback,as opposed to " check off the boxes,send me a check,and I will get back to you in six months" as most services are carried out today.Great Job,Thanks again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hello All,
    John just completed a full custom 1911 in 38 Super for me.The craftsmanship is beyond excellent as all of Johns work is.The customer service part of the build was outstanding,several sit down meetings,before any work began, to discuss options and recommendations,and several meetings during the course of the build to discuss progress and various options at that point.It is nice to talk to the person doing the actual job at hand and getting real feedback,as opposed to " check off the boxes,send me a check,and I will get back to you in six months" as most services are carried out today.Great Job,Thanks again.

:needpics:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    We're illiterate. Pretend any post about a firearm is a playboy magazine and that all we care about are the pics :)

D.Dasher

Mar 14, 2012
    Custom 1911/ Photos

Photos coming up in a few days,still waiting for the seven day/paperwork to clear.
    Thanks,Dee.

trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Pictures

Hello All,

I just took some pics of the subject pistol. Camera and lighting are not the best.

Caspian Commander Frame, Slide, Grip Safety and Trigger (3#). Bar-Sto 4.25" Ramped SSTL Ramped Bull Barrel (38super). Black Nitridization Finish, 22 LPI Checkering, Novak Rear Adj Combat Sight. Cyl & Slide Ignition Set. Black Coco Bolo Grips. Wilson Bullet Proof Slide Stop and Thumb Safety. Barrel Jeweled in Ejection Port Area.

Attachments

• CIMG0995.jpg
      CIMG0995.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 696
    • CIMG0991.jpg
      CIMG0991.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 698
    • CIMG0998.jpg
      CIMG0998.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 706
    • CIMG1000.jpg
      CIMG1000.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 703
    • CIMG1004.jpg
      CIMG1004.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 708

trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Sight-in Target

Very nice...great work.

Indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words.

How does she shoot?

Thank you for your kind words.

The sight-in target for this pistol is shown below:

Target (1) was the initial starting shot.

Target (2) was 2 clicks down and 2 clicks to the right (124 gr RNXTP).
    Next 3 Shots.

Target (3) was no further sight adjustment (R-P JHP). Next 3 shots.

I do not have a Ransom rest and my vision is limited to the 25 ft range.

Attachments

• CCI01132015_0002.jpg
      CCI01132015_0002.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 603

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads