• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Funny, after I saw this video, I check FB and see a post from Van Hollen giving a vague "this will be wonderful" announcement for a bill he an another Senator are sponsoring.

The post:

https://www.facebook.com/chrisvanhollen/posts/10158066758143878

The unrelated video:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.08.13 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.08.13 PM.jpg
      95.3 KB · Views: 1,530
    • 122572269_10158066756933878_8108374162180253142_o.jpg
      122572269_10158066756933878_8108374162180253142_o.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 1,520

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    According to the "Free State Podcast" which posted in the thread in the Maryland Gun Owners group, the bill would:

-Establish a centralized national firearm ownership database for the ATF to reference.
    -Allow the ATF to use computer searches on electronic FFL records.
    -Allow NICS to record and store background checks for longer than 24 hours.
    -Allow the ATF to delegate some enforcement responsibilities to other agencies, including the FBI.
    -Allow the ATF to strictly define Curio and Relic weapons to prevent "advanced weaponry" from qualifying.
    -Prevent the import of "non sporting" shotguns into the United States.
    - Make ATF "trace data" public, to enable the identification of "bad apple" FFLs

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Get rid of the batfe and open a store that sells alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives. That sounds like the best store EVER!

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    According to the "Free State Podcast" which posted in the thread in the Maryland Gun Owners group, the bill would:

-Establish a centralized national firearm ownership database for the ATF to reference.
    -Allow the ATF to delegate some enforcement responsibilities to other agencies, including the FBI.
    -Allow the ATF to strictly define Curio and Relic weapons to prevent "advanced weaponry" from qualifying.
    - Make ATF "trace data" public, to enable the identification of "bad apple" FFLs
    Soooo ... squeeze the folks attempting to be law-abiding, and do nothing about actual criminals. Got it.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Soooo ... squeeze the folks attempting to be law-abiding, and do nothing about actual criminals. Got it.

Two for one deal. Make more .gov jobs to replace the ones destroyed by C19 and secure the criminal vote :thumbsup: sounds like a democrat wet dream.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Can I ask a serious question... what the heck has Van Hollen actually done??

I didn't like Mikulski and I really didn't like Sarbanes, but on occasion, they actually did something of note for the people of MD. They supported our military bases during BRAC, they got investments for the MD Space Industry and GSFC, they supported the growth of the Port of Baltimore.

Cardin has done precious little that I can see, and Van Hollen has done absolutely nothing. He is an embarrassment on so many levels.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Can I ask a serious question... what the heck has Van Hollen actually done??

I didn't like Mikulski and I really didn't like Sarbanes, but on occasion, they actually did something of note for the people of MD. They supported our military bases during BRAC, they got investments for the MD Space Industry and GSFC, they supported the growth of the Port of Baltimore.

Cardin has done precious little that I can see, and Van Hollen has done absolutely nothing. He is an embarrassment on so many levels.

Whatever he is told to do.

Exactly

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    I sent Van Hollen an email about how he plans to represent all the new firearm purchasers- both liberal and conservative, that have just become owners due to the recent pandemic and upcoming election. I actually got a response back- it was essentially along the lines of they were wrong and they shouldn't have bought the guns in the first place and that he's more focused on "safety" (taking away firearms,) than he is protecting the rights of his constituents. Not surprised.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Number 1 & 3 would be against current federal law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirex