• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Pachmayr part # RS6-S for "Ruger Security Six Serial Number #151 & Higher".

Black rubber, square butt profile, square butt inlet. Like new, in the box, includes screw.

Bought them for my Ruger and put them on awhile, then traded the gun away with the OEM grips and kept the Pachmayrs, thinking I'd get another one - never did.

First person to tell me they "need this so bad they can't think of anything else" and can pick them up in central AA county gets them.

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    One of the best revolvers manufactured in the modern age.

Attachments

• DSCN0406.jpg
      DSCN0406.jpg
      108.7 KB · Views: 343

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Your Ruger Security-Six is a superb gun and I hope you never get rid of it. The grips are great for concealing, but they are painful to shoot.

You can shoot them with the square butt grips, but I recommend you grind them to the round-butt configuration.

Or, if you can find a Tyler Grip Adapter, that would be my first choice. They're very comfortable and they let you keep the nice looking grips that came with the gun.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Last Call/Two Day Notice:

This notice has been up for over a week and no one local has stepped up. If no one local claims these grips in the next 48 hours, they are going to boatme99.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Boatme99 deserves them! Hope they work out for him.

Owning a Ruger Security-Six may not be as good as owning a cat, but it's right up there.

Well...maybe not right up there, but close enough.

--

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I'm in, just saw this.
    I have two 6" barreled Ruger Security Six revolvers, one in Stainless Steel, that I got from a member here and one from a different seller.
    I can meet you on the west side of AA county.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I'm in, just saw this.
    I have two 6" barreled Ruger Security Six revolvers, one in Stainless Steel, that I got from a member here and one from a different seller.
    I can meet you on the west side of AA county.
    Dang Ted, where ya been?

Check your PMs.

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    E., Let Ted have them if he's still interested. No reason to ship stuff unnecessarily.
    Thanks for the consideration.

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    Boatme99 deserves them! Hope they work out for him.

Owning a Ruger Security-Six may not be as good as owning a cat, but it's right up there.

Well...maybe not right up there, but close enough.

--

Nice collection!
    I've never really had a problem shooting them with original grips but I'm a lot older now.:D
    A blued Security Six 2 3/4" was my first carry gun back in the early 1980s when I was in Az.
    Open carry back then.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Nice collection!
    I've never really had a problem shooting them with original grips but I'm a lot older now.:D
    A blued Security Six 2 3/4" was my first carry gun back in the early 1980s when I was in Az.
    Open carry back then.
    The Rugers back then were great guns. Now...boat anchors.

I know roughly when it happened, but why is still a mystery. Guess it began when Bill Ruger began sliding. Mentally. I put in for jobs at Ruger back then, but I think it was a family thing. Pity. I'm convinced producing the GP100 was cheaper than producing the SecSix. Can't prove it though.

The Speed-Six was a superb gun. I would have cut
    the barrel weight.

--

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I don't think he'll be sworn in. The files that were sent to Tucker Carlson are supposed to be very damning. They were sent to Carlson via UPS and never made it. So UPS officials began a search and they finally found them squirreled away in a corner, apparently opened and hidden. I don't know where they are now, but if they're confirmed, they could put Kamala in the Oval Office before Biden can be sworn in. That would be unfortunate.

It used to be that people knew a Marxist when they saw one. Years ago, I read a book by a friend of mine entitled, THE NAKED COMMUNIST. He didn't know what to call it, so it was famed director Cecil B. DeMille who came up with the title. Now, people have been dunbed down to such an extent that they think Karl Marx was one of the Marx Brothers. Anyway, I highly recommend it. The author, Cleon Skousen, used to work in the FBI. He also was the Police Chief of Salt Lake City and a college professor. Great writer, too.

I don't think he ever carried anything but .38 Specials during his career. He had some great stories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom