• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Picking up some buds heading to Delmarva Sporting Clays and probably grabs some crabs and beer on the way back.

55425c797f48f4f954db4693814c3942.jpg

We'll be fully loaded once they toss their guns and gear.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    First time to Delmarva Sporting Clays was great. First in addition to his range officer duties Steve was a great host and couldn't be nicer.

Some of the guys couldn't go but the few of us that did make it had a good time.

I liked that you are able to setup multiple targets up from 25yd to 300yd and vary between targets at different ranges.

The 500yd range is worth the extra $10. And we were pinging the 8" gong with 10-15 mph winds.

Best part was that my closest friend brought his 8 yr old daughter after some of the guys bailed out. She was really into the experience. He started her off on a 22LR going through all of the safety rules, which she followed better than most adults. After she was comfortable she started to ask everyone when she could shoot the other rifles. She worked her way up from 9mm Sub2K, 300BO (which was her favorite), Various AR-15's and took a shot on steel at 300yds using my Savage Stealth. She was about 6" off the mark.

238a2766d4897f85066a407b77867853.jpg

I think her favorite part was also being the spotter for us.

We'll definitely go back.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    First time to Delmarva Sporting Clays was great. First in addition to his range officer duties Steve was a great host and couldn't be nicer.

Some of the guys couldn't go but the few of us that did make it had a good time.

I liked that you are able to setup multiple targets up from 25yd to 300yd and vary between targets at different ranges.

The 500yd range is worth the extra $10. And we were pinging the 8" gong with 10-15 mph winds.

Best part was that my closest friend brought his 8 yr old daughter after some of the guys bailed out. She was really into the experience. He started her off on a 22LR going through all of the safety rules, which she followed better than most adults. After she was comfortable she started to ask everyone when she could shoot the other rifles. She worked her way up from 9mm Sub2K, 300BO (which was her favorite), Various AR-15's and took a shot on steel at 300yds using my Savage Stealth. She was about 6" off the mark.

238a2766d4897f85066a407b77867853.jpg

I think her favorite part was also being the spotter for us.

We'll definitely go back.

Hopefully that will be my little girl in about 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hopefully that will be my little girl in about 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will inspire you then. She really took her time concentrating on the target too.

e41d70325da108b4e02c502db523c185.jpg

He sent me a video too but I cant figure out how to upload it from my phone.

Just don't tell the ATF that the pistol brace touched her shoulder.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    This will inspire you then. She really took her time concentrating on the target too.

e41d70325da108b4e02c502db523c185.jpg

He sent me a video too but I cant figure out how to upload it from my phone.

Just don't tell the ATF that the pistol brace touched her shoulder.

Posts like this give me the warm and fuzzies lol. I love reading about parents introducing their kids to this sport early:party29:. I know if my kids express any interest in it, I'm jumping all over the chance to take them.
    Delmarva's been a great place, but my name recently came up to join Peacemaker, so I grabbed that opportunity. I'll still be going to DSC when PNTC isn't an option, though, for sure.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Glad you had a good experience. I have only been there 1 time and that was only because I needed something longer than 100 yards that day. They were really packed and people were waiting to get a table. The only bad thing I can say is that the range master was a younger guy and him and 2 other guys were screwing around and throwing stuff down range so they could shoot it, and all while the range is hot and people are shooting. I gave them the wtf are you doing look and they didnt give a rats ass. Besides that its a decent place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom