• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    16,000+ records obtained, 469 SS#'s.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-b...rmit-holders-exposed-in-computer-hack/2324794

http://freebeacon.com/issues/hacker...on-16000-florida-concealed-weapons-licensees/

Call 1-800-350-1119 for more info if you recently applied/renewed online.

This a prime example of why we should have Constitutional Carry.

In other news, they are offering 1 year of free credit monitoring for victims of the breach. :sad20:

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Well that sucks, I have several friends in sunny FL with permits. Time to give them a heads up.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Do I finally get my G&S?

Because OPM and disability was just not enough.

I saw your post and others like it commenting that the OPM breach is G&S for a CCW. Why do people believe this? I am not judging, but just trying to understand. Thanks.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I saw your post and others like it commenting that the OPM breach is G&S for a CCW. Why do people believe this? I am not judging, but just trying to understand. Thanks.

Having gone through the HPRB can speak from experience. The OPM breach was not my trump card just an add-on. My main point going into HPRB was disabilty, as those with disablities are 3-4x more likely to be victims of violate crimes.

However as for everyone else in regards to OPM as a G&S if you follow the HPRB threads many applicants have had variously level of "success" using OPM in combination with someone else...

But you really know this already....(I hope you do) G&S is just BS oppression pure and simple. My original comment was certainly tongue and cheek, and more of an inside joke to anyone who knows I have sat before the HPRB to be denied despite presenting clear facts and logic...While victims of "lightbulb un-screwers"© walk away with an unrestricted permit.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Someone please tell me why so many legitimate activities/businesses (like FL CCW) need/use SSN?

Shouldn't they just need enough info (i.e. fingerprints) to determine that the applicant is not a prohibited person? And, even if there was a legitimate reason for using such PII, couldn't they just use it (whatever, minimally invasive info); then delete it, or have it not be recorded in the first place?

It seems there is no agency that can protect a citizens PII, so why bother trying to keep it?

Two words - Block-Chain.

(I'm still researching it in my copious free time :D)

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD
    I wonder if they have sent out letters to those whose information was stolen. Just another one more place. After-while all people's information will just be floating the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom