• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Well..... maybe not

If they vote for 10 round mags, you can always come to IWLA

The BCC IWLA says you can't have anything that is over 10 rounds. Used to be 8 rounds due to the M1. But I believe that they changed it to 10.

I've been going there for 40+ years and the ****ing libtards are taking over.

Glad I now have a 150 yard range in my yard.

MD sucks ass.

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    The BCC IWLA says you can't have anything that is over 10 rounds. Used to be 8 rounds due to the M1. But I believe that they changed it to 10.

I've been going there for 40+ years and the ****ing libtards are taking over.

Glad I now have a 150 yard range in my yard.

MD sucks ass.

How much per hour for your range? :D Sorry to hear about BCC - I've heard it's iffy at Rockville and getting that way at Damascus as well. So far Mt Airy and Frederick seem to be holding up better, but the libs are spreading out. At this point I just want to buy my own land and shoot without the BS.

owgriffin

May 15, 2012
    Hagerstown rod and gun

Please post the results of the next meeting. I would live to hear that this rule has been overturned.

Drenthunter1

Sep 7, 2018
    You might want to step back and consider...

Those "fudds" have kept that club going since the 1930s.
    Those "fudds" are the ones that teach the hunters' education classes.
    Those "fudds" sponsor one the best junior shooting programs in the area.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who show up for and work at the work parties, fishing derbies, oyster roasts, bingo nights, meat raffles, range clean-up... and monthly meetings.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who run the archery, trap, skeet and still target ranges and shoots.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who rebuild the target frames and ground brackets, shot up by folks spraying bullets that don't understand the word target.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who will sponsor you for membership and introduce you to new friends.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who showed up at the city meetings when the existence of the range was put in doubt by folks who don't appreciate the shooting sports and concerns of noise and stray rounds leaving the property .
    Many of those "fudds" actually own a black rifle, or two... as as well as an M-1 and can outshoot you with either.
    Those "fudds" did pull the club out of financial distress in the mid 2000s, by instituting dues increases and surcharges to pay the cost of running a modern club -- insurances, workers' comp, HVAC/facility repairs, etc., against the tide of real "fudds" (the "HUGE" number that left the club a few years ago) that thought you should still be able to run a club on $50/year dues and that anyone could pour a beer.
    ...if you only joined to have a place to shoot and are distracted by some old "fudds" offering some conversation, then maybe you should look for another club... and trust me, they know what's legal when it comes to firearms.
    ...and they didn't ban magazines over 10 rounds on the range, only loading magazines beyond 10 rounds.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Those "fudds" are the ones who show up for and work at the work parties, fishing derbies, oyster roasts, bingo nights, meat raffles, range clean-up... and monthly meetings.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who run the archery, trap, skeet and still target ranges and shoots.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who rebuild the target frames and ground brackets, shot up by folks spraying bullets that don't understand the word target.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who will sponsor you for membership and introduce you to new friends.
    Those "fudds" are the ones who showed up at the city meetings when the existence of the range was put in doubt by folks who don't appreciate the shooting sports and concerns of noise and stray rounds leaving the property .
    Many of those "fudds" actually own a black rifle, or two... as as well as an M-1 and can outshoot you with either.
    Those "fudds" did pull the club out of financial distress in the mid 2000s, by instituting dues increases and surcharges to pay the cost of running a modern club -- insurances, workers' comp, HVAC/facility repairs, etc., against the tide of real "fudds" (the "HUGE" number that left the club a few years ago) that thought you should still be able to run a club on $50/year dues and that anyone could pour a beer.
    ...if you only joined to have a place to shoot and are distracted by some old "fudds" offering some conversation, then maybe you should look for another club... and trust me, they know what's legal when it comes to firearms.
    ...and they didn't ban magazines over 10 rounds on the range, only loading magazines beyond 10 rounds.

Pissy much? I'm not a member so I don't have a dog in the fight but this post makes me have an opinion.

Yes those Fudds did all that great stuff keeping the club alive, etc. But those Fudds are demonstrating Fudd behavior with a stupid rule that you are apparently in favor of.

How bout an introduction before you get your panties in a knot?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not * Banning* 10+ rd mags , but instead a Range Rule of loading 10rd at a time is certainly a different than initially reported .

( For the record ; my druthers range rules should he only three : Don't do anything stupid . Don't do anything unsafe . Don't be an ******* . But loading 10rd into mag is far from the stupidest rules at Md ranges .)

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Boy Drenthunter1 you really won me over... I will just rush right up there and join up.... NOT!! I visited there to see about joining several years ago - caught the vibe that you are pushing. I'll take my money and shoot at Tango Down... Your attitude is exactly why that club is failing and will continue to fail..

As for the "Fudds out shooting me" - not on my worst day...

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    An idiot who shoots up a target holder will do so with ten rounds if that’s all he’s allowed.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Not * Banning* 10+ rd mags , but instead a Range Rule of loading 10rd at a time is certainly a different than initially reported .

( For the record ; my druthers range rules should he only three : Don't do anything stupid . Don't do anything unsafe . Don't be an ******* . But loading 10rd into mag is far from the stupidest rules at Md ranges .)

I stand corrected and will update my initial post. After researching the new rule further, it does in fact state only 10 rounds per magazine NOT 10 round magazines only. Still, it's a foolish rule that is as ridiculous as, and plays into, the anti-gun agenda. And what happens when such a pointless rule doesn't produce the desired effect? Probably MORE restrictions. Limiting all because of the foolish actions of a few is misguided, illogical and slippery slope dangerous. And it's still fudd mentality.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

I fail to see what ANY of this has to do with me loading over ten rounds in a magazine. I've been a member for some years now and have never been irresponsible, unsafe or gotten in any trouble for my actions. Having done nothing wrong, why should I be punished/restricted/limited due to someone else's actions. This is absolutely no different than democrats attempting to dismember the 2nd Amendment for 10's of millions of law abiding citizens because of the illegal actions of a few. Punish the one or several wrongdoers, not me and multitudes like me who act safely and responsibly.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Chicanery at NARGC?
    Nah, say it isn't so!
    Ask members about the "hunting land purchase fund"
    Then ask about the 2~3 meetings about its disposal.
    Then ask about the vote on said disposal.
    Finally ask where said Hunting land is located.

Oh I was "One of the Fudds that showed up for maintenance."
    I know why there's a kitchen window with a hole in it behind the target shed.
    I know why there's a pair or rubber drive belts on the roof of the pistol range roof.
    I know why there are several screws with rubber washers in them IN the same roof.
    I can even tell you why its painted with 3 shades of grey paint under the shingles because I painted it.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Brian, round up as many as you can for the next meeting buddy. You are needed. October 21st 7PM.

Please post the results of the next meeting. I would live to hear that this rule has been overturned.

I still strongly suggest reading the by laws.
    If the club operates using Robert's rules of order the motion cannot be changed at the next meeting. Robert's rules requires the motion to overturn a motion be published to the membership and voted at a subsequent meeting.
    Unless there are provisions in your bylaws or you do not conduct business using Robert's rules of order a motion to change a motion and a vote on the motion both at the same meeting would be out of order and could be overturned.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Notwithstanding the timing of parliamentary procedures in this specific regard, catagoricly, all members of such type organisations should attend Meetings regularly, and actively participate .

In post #51, second paragraph , I can guess the story behind most of those, but the rubber belting baffles me .

It's a piece off my usual turf , but I'm intrigued by this Club with such strong diametrically opposed views by it's members, that it makes me curious to visit to see for myself . Somebody invite me up on a Saturday that doesn't have an MSI gig , and I'll treat for lunch and refreshments at the Clubhouse .

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Well, the silly 10 round rule was overturned tonight 30 to 4. If you are a member here who showed up there tonight, THANK YOU for making your voice heard! Now we're in the process of writing up a proposal change to the bylaws so that future proposed rues changes must be tabled for a period of time and all members notified so that they can plan to attend a monthly meeting in order to make their voice heard and vote on said proposed changes. I guess I will need to now go to every monthly meeting so that I can keep an eye on things. I take part of the blame for this as I did not attend meetings on a regular basis....I should have. But I never in a million years would have thought that I would need to protect my Second Amendment rights from being trampled by fellow firearms owners. Shame on me for being so naïve. In fact, when they were going over the minutes for last month's meeting, I found out that they had actually talked about banning certain types of firearms too. The minutes didn't elaborate on what would have been banned but I think we all know what would have been targeted. How very sad that some folks just don't get it.
    I can see the politicians in Annapolis now pointing to such misguided rules and saying, "See....even gun clubs, who are staunch supporters of the Second Amendment, see that magazines should be limited to ten rounds and certain kinds of rifles should be banned."
    Limits on the Second Amendment is a dangerous and slippery slope folks. Anyhow, we've blocked fuddism for the moment but, until we can get the bylaws amended (which will take three months), we are still in jeopardy of them changing the rules back with a simple vote sooooo vigilance must be the watchword folks.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    NO bone in this. However, maybe make each member responsible for inspecting the lane they are using and sign off on it before and after shooting. The responsibility for damage falls to the last member using the lane. You just immediately report damage to the range officer when discovered. If damage is found after you finished shooting, it's on you.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Notwithstanding the timing of parliamentary procedures in this specific regard, catagoricly, all members of such type organisations should attend Meetings regularly, and actively participate .

In post #51, second paragraph , I can guess the story behind most of those, but the rubber belting baffles me .

It's a piece off my usual turf , but I'm intrigued by this Club with such strong diametrically opposed views by it's members, that it makes me curious to visit to see for myself . Somebody invite me up on a Saturday that doesn't have an MSI gig , and I'll treat for lunch and refreshments at the Clubhouse .

Simple! its a cheap way to lower the front of the roof over the pistol range making it "less blue sky" & so avoiding more broken windows hidden behind the target shed. (nudge, nudge: wink, wink).

304tothecore

Sep 10, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    At one time I considered joining NA but I am glad I became a member of IWLA instead. We are always looking for members and our membership dues are less.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I can tell you that this issue has since caused a rather large increase in the monthly meetings and there is a bylaws change in the works. It's nice to see that the vast majority of club members seem to understand what the 2nd Amendment is about. And I'm told that a thorough reading by a lawyer of the original bylaws has discovered that verbiage is included that states any rules limiting the 2nd Amendment are considered out of order on their very face. So the fudd rule never should have passed to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom