• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So, millions of people need to be inconvenienced for this morons multi million dollar vanity project? Are any of the commuters getting some sort of rebate for all the extra gas and time (and tolls)?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I say once you remove it from its original location then it loses its “historical” tag. Wonder, does he get billed for the services involved in shutting down the road? Wonder the cost of all the permits to travel down the roads. Cleanup crew to catch the falling brick and such? Pisses me off just like when private developers shut down the public roads so they can improve their private developments.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I am wondering what he's doing putting that on a barge in the bay during hurricane season. Might just as well paint cross hairs on it.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    The road closures to cross route 50 were not bad. The crossing was pretty fast and they had rerouted traffic. Delays were minimal. The house is sitting alongside the Easton bypass now.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The road closures to cross route 50 were not bad. The crossing was pretty fast and they had rerouted traffic. Delays were minimal. The house is sitting alongside the Easton bypass now.

I hit it last night at exactly the wrong time and had to drive through downtown.

I stopped in the Easton WM last night (~10pm) and at checkout a couple of the employees were talking about whether WM was going to stop selling cigarettes. I wonder if something is on the horizon there.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I stopped in the Easton WM last night (~10pm) and at checkout a couple of the employees were talking about whether WM was going to stop selling cigarettes. I wonder if something is on the horizon there.

Next, they're going to say people can't shop in their stores shirtless, in their PJs, with their ass crack exposed, or riding in an un-needed handicap scooter. When that happens they'll have no customers at all.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    If you read the story, danb, this is happening at NIGHT, so as not to affect commuters.
    I think its cool to save an historic house. Really cool.

Snapper

Mar 29, 2014
    So, millions of people need to be inconvenienced for this morons multi million dollar vanity project? Are any of the commuters getting some sort of rebate for all the extra gas and time (and tolls)?

We're talking dinky little Easton, there are no "millions" of people. They did all the moving in the middle of the night. I drive all around Easton every day and I never even saw the silly thing. BTW, there are no tolls in Easton...yet.

And thank goodness there are morons with millions of dollars to spend on projects like this. The house was built back when the British still owned America. After 250 years it ended up being in a less than ideal location. Instead of bulldozing it, someone saved it.

And just think of how many guys have a high paying job moving it because there's a rich moron that wanted to move it.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    We're talking dinky little Easton, there are no "millions" of people. They did all the moving in the middle of the night. I drive all around Easton every day and I never even saw the silly thing. BTW, there are no tolls in Easton...yet.

And thank goodness there are morons with millions of dollars to spend on projects like this. The house was built back when the British still owned America. After 250 years it ended up being in a less than ideal location. Instead of bulldozing it, someone saved it.

And just think of how many guys have a high paying job moving it because there's a rich moron that wanted to move it.

Well said - couldn't agree more!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The old house looks really close to the same Georgian architecture as the one that sits on Handsell. I think it's great someone had the capital to move it especially close to the grave of someone who may have resided in it. For the millions that may have been impacted on route 50 they could always take solace in the eastern shores gift to them, a free ride back to the western shore.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Saw it sitting on the side of RT 50 on Monday when I had to go to Easton. Was going to try to get a picture but traffic was too heavy and no where to stop safely. You know, millions...

Parttime

Sep 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Guy paid half a million for the house and 20 acres. Then tears half the house off to move the rest.

It's destination is a high dollar waterfront lot on the Wye River.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Moving these houses costs a ton. Whoever bought it and is moving it, is paying all the expenses to raise lines, etc. Like someone else said, thank goodness for filthy rich people who can afford to save historical stuff like this. And the people being paid to do it certainly appreciate the work. Filthy rich people have saved a lot of places for our enjoyment.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Let us hope they don't have a terrible boating accident while on the Chesapeake especially if he keeps his guns in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom