Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Event Planning
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:48 AM #11
platoonDaddy's Avatar
platoonDaddy platoonDaddy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SouthOfBalto
Posts: 3,226
platoonDaddy platoonDaddy is offline
Senior Member
platoonDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SouthOfBalto
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddentrixx View Post
Atlantic has 1 advantage over united in Rockville... When I brought my taurus pt111 last week. They gave me everything for 240 and extra mags while United didn't provide the mags.

But I do have a question about buds because there prices are cheaper.... When you order from them you have to have the gun shipped to a shop correct??? And is there any extra charge? Because they have a GREAT deal on a s&w m&p shield I saw the other day for 315 on sale. What would be the final price getting it shipped to Maryland???
Their shipping is free to FFL of your choice.
platoonDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:24 AM #12
Zzzzz_man's Avatar
Zzzzz_man Zzzzz_man is offline
старый коза
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Over At-Way
Posts: 4,702
Zzzzz_man Zzzzz_man is offline
старый коза
Zzzzz_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Over At-Way
Posts: 4,702
I bought a Rem 700LR from Atlantic Guns a couple of years ago during one of their Remington blow-out sales. Good price. Met Mark Schneider who definitely knows his stuff and steered me towards a great choice in optics and replacement trigger. No complaints other than trying to find a place to park in Silver Spring. If you don't time it right, it's an exercise in frustration.

Never been in the Rockville location.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:18 AM #13
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildnBurn View Post
I walked in their Rockville store with $1500 cash looking for a new toy and couldn't get anyone to stop yaking with their buddy's. so out I went never to go back.
That.

Atlantic is an institution and use to have a gun store in DC. I give them credit fighting legal battles in Maryland, and have purchased three handguns with them over the past decades. I don't envy gun shop owners in Maryland. It's hard enough to make a customer happy with a sale. If a new future gun owner walks in, 99% of the time they can't even make a deal. Some prospective customers will say F all this (HQL, waiting period etc) or after they go through all the hoops, perhaps stumble on a better deal elsewhere. So the sales person invests time explaining what must be done, where to go etc, with no guarantee they'll be back. It has to grind them down. Atlantic in Rockville probably attracts many people who've never bought a gun.
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:24 AM #14
boundlessdyad boundlessdyad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: HoCo
Posts: 17,097
boundlessdyad boundlessdyad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: HoCo
Posts: 17,097
They could be the greatest or the worst gun shop in the world. We should not be promoting them here above people who have paid for the forum to operate.
boundlessdyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:47 AM #15
Zzzzz_man's Avatar
Zzzzz_man Zzzzz_man is offline
старый коза
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Over At-Way
Posts: 4,702
Zzzzz_man Zzzzz_man is offline
старый коза
Zzzzz_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Over At-Way
Posts: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundlessdyad View Post
They could be the greatest or the worst gun shop in the world. We should not be promoting them here above people who have paid for the forum to operate.
Agree 100%. OP may not have known that since he's a newer member.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:58 AM #16
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundlessdyad View Post
They could be the greatest or the worst gun shop in the world. We should not be promoting them here above people who have paid for the forum to operate.
Go read "The Depot" forum. It will keep you very busy.
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:07 AM #17
swinokur's Avatar
swinokur swinokur is offline
In a State of Denial
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nunya County
Posts: 45,313
swinokur swinokur is offline
In a State of Denial
swinokur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nunya County
Posts: 45,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
That.

Atlantic is an institution and use to have a gun store in DC. I give them credit fighting legal battles in Maryland, and have purchased three handguns with them over the past decades. I don't envy gun shop owners in Maryland. It's hard enough to make a customer happy with a sale. If a new future gun owner walks in, 99% of the time they can't even make a deal. Some prospective customers will say F all this (HQL, waiting period etc) or after they go through all the hoops, perhaps stumble on a better deal elsewhere. So the sales person invests time explaining what must be done, where to go etc, with no guarantee they'll be back. It has to grind them down. Atlantic in Rockville probably attracts many people who've never bought a gun.
And yet other shops find a way to remain friendly and interested in keeping you as a customer by at least acting like they’re intersted in helping you.

I wonder how many first time buyers remain first time buyers until they find another shop. I found Engage when they were still in Kensington and never went back to Atlantic.
__________________
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:29 AM #18
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
And yet other shops find a way to remain friendly and interested in keeping you as a customer by at least acting like they’re intersted in helping you.

I wonder how many first time buyers remain first time buyers until they find another shop. I found Engage when they were still in Kensington and never went back to Atlantic.
Sixty Seven years isn't a bad stretch. They must be doing something right. I've bought more guns at United in two years than at Atlantic the last thirty.

Businesses get complacent w/o competition. I think that is/was Atlantic problem. They'll improve service or lose business with competitors. Maybe retail is not their bread and butter, don't know.
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:36 AM #19
swinokur's Avatar
swinokur swinokur is offline
In a State of Denial
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nunya County
Posts: 45,313
swinokur swinokur is offline
In a State of Denial
swinokur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nunya County
Posts: 45,313
Yes it is but both Engage and United have been on business long enough to make Atlantic sit up and take notice of the competition. They seem to be oblivious to their presence in Rockville.

Makes you wonder how much additional business they’d have if they actually acted interested.
__________________
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:41 AM #20
ironpony's Avatar
ironpony ironpony is offline
@therange
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Crofton/Davidsonville
Posts: 5,265
ironpony ironpony is offline
@therange
ironpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Crofton/Davidsonville
Posts: 5,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
Go read "The Depot" forum. It will keep you very busy.
LR?
ironpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > General > Event Planning


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service