• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Don’t forget the condo owners and hotels. And the Town of OC. The hotel/rental tax is a boon for them late in September.

I own a condo there. Only rent July and August. We would go down in the fall and spring weekends. Was always a blessing when Ravens had a home game on the H2O weekend.

Cruising or MC weekend are never as bad. Loud, but not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They trash the hotel rooms. I can't speak to condos but I know several hotel workers.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    If youre talking about Jay hes a nice guy and unfortunately pulled into the current events.
    I grew up in the same neighborhood as Jay and we are still very good friends today.
    Just curious, were there any problems this year in Atlantic City or was all the trouble in OC?

I texted him just yesterday and asked him this question. He said it went great in Atlantic City and there were no issues at all. The show was great and no troubles out on the street.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    I texted him just yesterday and asked him this question. He said it went great in Atlantic City and there were no issues at all. The show was great and no troubles out on the street.[/QUOTE]

Because AC wouldn't allow it. Bethany and Rehoboth don't have the issues OC does. My only conclusion is that OC wants the revenue.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I know you dont like motorcycles but I haven't personally witnessed mobs of bikefest attendee's dressed in banana costumes hurling trash at people while they stand in the road. lol

OC Bikefest is unique though, its not just in Ocean City it's just a lot of people stay in OC. It's really "Delmarva Bike Week" and I think it was 2010 OC decided to make it official event in the city too. Events go on all around Delmarva from about Wednesday to Sunday.

I agree...my comparison was between cruisin weekend and bike week. Both groups have bad participants but can probably be counted on one hand.

The banana crew? They are just a disaster and shouldn't be mentioned with other events.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    They trash the hotel rooms. I can't speak to condos but I know several hotel

Because AC wouldn't allow it. Bethany and Rehoboth don't have the issues OC does. My only conclusion is that OC wants the revenue.

Rehobeth Beach's problem is when the Gays come to party and have a good time.

They don't trash their rental rooms, they just redecorate them.

And they look Fabulous! :D

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I agree...my comparison was between cruisin weekend and bike week. Both groups have bad participants but can probably be counted on one hand.

The banana crew? They are just a disaster and shouldn't be mentioned with other events.

Never been to bike week but during cruise week, the participants are usually not the problem. It's usually some of the ones that show up with the newer vehicles and trucks that are driving like idiots. Let's see over the years and I have been going almost since the beginning, I have seen numerous accidents including a guy on a bike that took the front end off of a pickup doing well over 100mph. Needless to say they had to pick up the multiple pieces of the guy that was spread all over the road. Had a few friends that had their nice muscle cars ass ended by folks driving like azzholes. Then there is the traffic on Saturday when it takes over 2 hours to get from the inlet to the Delaware line. I still go down, just don't take the car anymore and usually leave by Saturday morning. I have never witnessed what I saw what happened to the this H2O mess, but at some point behavior like this will ruin it for everyone.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Never been to bike week but during cruise week, the participants are usually not the problem. It's usually some of the ones that show up with the newer vehicles and trucks that are driving like idiots. Let's see over the years and I have been going almost since the beginning, I have seen numerous accidents including a guy on a bike that took the front end off of a pickup doing well over 100mph. Needless to say they had to pick up the multiple pieces of the guy that was spread all over the road. Had a few friends that had their nice muscle cars ass ended by folks driving like azzholes. Then there is the traffic on Saturday when it takes over 2 hours to get from the inlet to the Delaware line. I still go down, just don't take the car anymore and usually leave by Saturday morning. I have never witnessed what I saw what happened to the this H2O mess, but at some point behavior like this will ruin it for everyone.

Absolutely.

I've actually heard the similar comments regarding bike week. It isn't the traditional "biker" that causes the problems. It's some of the groups of crotch rockets that act like fools. Wait until the 12 O'Clock Boys show up.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just think what would happen in OC if the people who ride their dirt bikes and atv's in dc and the beltway causing a total mess if they did that in OC.. It would be beyond a cluster fu** in OC if they did that running up and down the beach and boardwalk besides the street...

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Just think what would happen in OC if the people who ride their dirt bikes and atv's in dc and the beltway causing a total mess if they did that in OC.. It would be beyond a cluster fu** in OC if they did that running up and down the beach and boardwalk besides the street...

Jeez, don't give them any ideas!

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Just an FYI for anyone heading down to the Endless Summer Cruisin on Oct 9-13. I spoke with a buddy that lives in Delaware just north of OC and he said that the he heard that the H2O crowd is planning on invading OC for the fall cruising. His neighbor is OCPD and he said they are preparing for the invasion.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Just an FYI for anyone heading down to the Endless Summer Cruisin on Oct 9-13. I spoke with a buddy that lives in Delaware just north of OC and he said that the he heard that the H2O crowd is planning on invading OC for the fall cruising. His neighbor is OCPD and he said they are preparing for the invasion.

Heard the same, actually read it on one of their FB pages...

I'll just watch the videos of the stupidity from the comforts of home...

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

Good luck for the H2Oi crowd finding rooms. The fall cruise has the town booked solid.

Me, I'm hoping for a Nor Easter:D

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    AND?
    did they show or did they just bluff?

I avoided going to OC for cruisin. But reports were that some made it but nothing like what was threatened. Police were still on heavy and in a foul mood. Saw a ticket for a simple burnout top 1300 dollars as they got them for wreckless and property damage etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom